Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical accessibility @ BOI Navan

Options
  • 13-04-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Why do BOI not have a ramp to allow wheelchair access at BOI Navan? I do not have physical mobility needs myself, but find it very frustrating to go into a branch when I am in town with my daughter who is in a buggy. What would happen if there was some incident during cash office hours that required emergency evacuation of htis branch?

I am surprised that in this day and age that BOI is still unable (unwilling?) to provide ramp access to banking facilities that this centre-of-town outlet and that it has not been found to be in breach of equality/H&S/fire legislation. Are there other outlets that have accessibilty issues that need to be addressed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Stroke Politics,

We appreciate your concerns on this. I need to speak with our Property Management Team and I'll come back to you asap.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Stroke Politics,

Thanks again for contacting us. We've been in touch with our Property Management Team and they've given us the following feedback;

Over the last number of years, we have endeavoured to install access ramps or other solutions in all our branches. By the end of 2012, this will be complete in 98% of branches. Unfortunately there are a small number of branches where practical solutions aren't readily available, and Bank of Ireland Navan is one such branch. However, we understand the importance of improving facilities for our customers so we will continue to work with local authorities to agree a viable solution.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

So this branch remains in breach of fire safety regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Tow

So this branch remains in breach of fire safety regulations?

It might be OK of there are is an accessible fire escape out the back.

Looking at the photo below the branch appears to be on a hill. If they were to reinstate the door where the ATM is, a small ramp into the lobby area may do the job.

BCH0181.JPG

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement