Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post problems in Dublin 16

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm putting out an enquiry about An Post.
    I'm particularly interested in feedback from people in the
    Dublin 16 district.
    I don't want to say anything derogatory!
    So I'll simply ask for your feedback regarding An Post.
    My own experience has been so bad for so long that I'm now trying to carry out an investigation into the service in this area
    and I'm seeking the experiences, suspicions and horror stories of residents in this area.
    After that we can figure where to go from here!
    Best wishes to everybody!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Seems fine to me, I live in D16, Ballyboden Depot area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Lived in Ballinteer for years, and never had a problem with my Postman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Family live in D16 and never have mentioned any issues with An Post.

Where there is an issue is the dividing line betwen Dublin 16 & Dublin 14. Its not as clear as it could be especially Rathfarnham Dublin 16 & Rathfarnham dublin 14.

Has the OP thought of going to the sorting office with the issues ask asking for their advice and correcting the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is better off in the Dublin County South forum

OP - you're better off going to your local sorting office, and making an official complaint.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rf4c

Hi all,
    thanks for taking the time to reply.

I guess they're just out to get me!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've had problems for years, not just ocassionally but regularly.

Parcels go missing, as do letters.
    Those that do arrive are always very late.
    For example, I get packets from Central England, (A4 envelope), that never arrive in less than a week.
    Mail posted in Dublin is never less than 3 days, even letters from my bank in Dundrum!
    There is only a four day service on my road (in Broadford Estate).
    Either Friday or Monday delivery is missing from the week - it varies.

I've complained to An Post, from the local office all the way up to the Chief Executives office.

Sure, they're very courteous and apologetic, but most of the problems always remain.

In fairness to them, they cured the problem of mail being left hanging from the letterbox.

I'm obviously in the minority, so I'm glad for that.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Best wishes

• Advertisement
Advertisement