Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Longwood, Co. Meath

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm moving to Longwood in a few weeks, and am trying to work out what the options are for internet. From some old threads, I can see that Eircom and some crowd called Ripplecom are options. Anyone have anything to add regarding these, or any other providers that I haven't thought of? From their availability maps, UPC and Imagine don't service the town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Only broadband is Ripplecom. Eircom lied about their service and have done so many times since. In actual fact they have no plans to upgrade the network and neither do UPC. This was confirmed to me by the Eircom rep on boards.

Ripplecom are ok for basic surfing but have a monthly cap of 70gb on the residential package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Turlster

I use an O2 Dongle, its ok but i think it depends on were in the village you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rofl Lundgren

I picked up an O2 hotshot. It gets between 2 and 4mbs in the house, which is decent enough. It'll do for everyday stuff at least. Your mileage may vary with it, but there's a 7 day return policy where they'll refund you full price and cancel any contract.

Advertisement