Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best butchers in the city for ribs & wings?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Seeing as BBQ season is coming, where is the best place to get ribs (full or half rack) and wings (seperated and tips removed preferably) in the city?

Somewhere close to Ballyfermot would be perfect, but I'd be willing to go into the city.

Thanks,
    -Epic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Not really City Centre, but Peakin's (Leonard's Corner/South Circular Road) is very good. Plenty of buses going down there as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I've always found the butcher in Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St excellent. As is FX Buckley on Moore St.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Any butchers do cow ribs? The ones they normally use about half of for a rib roast?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Slydice wrote: »
    Any butchers do cow ribs? The ones they normally use about half of for a rib roast?

I suppose, you have to pre-order them. Peakin's (the one I mentioned above would be a small shop, but good quality.

Advertisement