Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting BSOD on Crysis 2, anyone have the same problem?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Bought Crysis 2 off the amazon sale for $7.49, used keys to install on Origin.

Anyway, I play as far as where you encounter the nest in the subway station, jumped up the ledge and went up the stairs, that was my first. Game freezed on pausing screen, wouldn't load. Ctrl + Alt + Delete wouldn't even bring up task manager, my whole system frooze. After I restarted the my system the game loaded and I was able to play for another 5 minutes further on but the game frooze once again and my system restarted by itself. Error box came up on restarted with "BSOD" in it.

This is the first time this has happened to me, I have had no problems with other games crashing. I have a Alienware Aurora R4, GTX 580 1.5GB, Windows 7 64BIT is my OS and my processor is an i7-3930k 3.20Ghz. I have the DX11 pack installed and the high resolution pack as well.

If anyone has had the problem, and found a solution, please post!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Have you overclocked your system at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It looks like system fault it self, then crysis 2.

Crysis 2, will push your system to the limits ( sort off ) and then of system can't take on load it can glitch like that.
    As question above - have you anything oced? Maybe under big load it is not stable with your OC settings.
    Download some benchmarks and do some stress tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

No, I haven't overclocked. I've had the system for just 2 months now, I don't even know how to overclock.

All settings are on Ultra. I notice the FPS dropped sometimes if I move my character around, but it's pretty stable most of the time. Where can I benchmark Crysis 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No, I haven't overclocked. I've had the system for just 2 months now, I don't even know how to overclock.

All settings are on Ultra. I notice the FPS dropped sometimes if I move my character around, but it's pretty stable most of the time. Where can I benchmark Crysis 2?

I guess you are new to PC gaming m8? Did you buy that Alienware brand new?!

Anyway, you can download msi afterburner and it will come with msi kombuster ( I think it's called ). It's like a benchmark and stress program. You can put it up full blast and see of your system will be acting out.

Now just to make sure, did you updated crysis 2 fully with latest patches?

I guess you are new to PC gaming m8? Did you buy that Alienware brand new?!

Anyway, you can download msi afterburner and it will come with msi kombuster ( I think it's called ). It's like a benchmark and stress program. You can put it up full blast and see of your system will be acting out.

Now just to make sure, did you updated crysis 2 fully with latest patches?

Yes, version 1.9.

• Advertisement

I downloaded MSI kombuster.

How can I benchmark Crysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

http://www.overclock.net/t/991016/crysis-2-benchmark-tool-new-dx11-version

First link on google, can't test it as I don't have crysis but I presume it's what everyone uses.

benchmarkboardsie.jpg

Full resolution in attachment.

Advertisement