Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackcurrent wine.

• 13-04-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

i have some blackcurrent bushes out back.i was wondering,with some water,sugar,and the natural yeasts from the berry skins could i make wine?i must add i have no winemaking kit,nor have i the cash to buy the gear needed for it.so you might aswell say ill be making hooch lol,is this worth my while doing,and if so if i drink it Will i go blind???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Worst that'll happen is it'll taste disgusting.

This is best in the homebrew forum, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

agreed.but i don't know how to move threads to a different forum.plus,if i did put it on there,id probably just be ridiculed by 'the experts' lol! its just an experiment really,to see can it be done.we've all seen the pictures in the redtops of criminals having xmas parties with prison hooch,i figured i on the outside world would maybe have a greater measure of success!thanks for the reply btw:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I once had a recipe for prison hooch made with marmalade packets from a girl I knew who was in jail in Spain. I never tried to make it but if that was possible, I can't see why yours is not.

Advertisement