Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick Riding/ Stunts

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm really interested in trick riding similar to what you might see performed by circus acts, Ukranian cossacks, cowboys and the like.

When I was younger I had an ex racehorse that had been taught to lie down on the ground by a previous owner.

I also know an event rider who taught a horse to buck on command.

I think these displays are often dismissed by mainstream instructors as being trivial, or of no relevance to serious equitation. On the contrary, I think they demonstrate the outstanding flexibility of the relationship that can exist between horses and riders, as long as they do not constitute nor lead to an un-controllable vice.

I'm moving back to Ireland soon and I have a young hunter who is pretty smart, I'd like to teach him to rear or buck when asked.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of trick riding? Any advice?

Comments

Advertisement