Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth FM Transmitter

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I hope the is the most relevant forum. I would like to play music from my SGS2 phone to my car stereo. Replacing the stereo is not an option. It doesn't have AUX in. It will only accept FM transmission.

What's the best [bang for buck] device I can get. So far, this or this seems like the best bet. But is there something better?

Requirements
    Accept Bluetooth stereo from phone
    Re-Transmit this audio to the FM stereo
    Relatively easy to charge. Must be some form of USB charge.

Nice to have
    Hands Free phone with built in Mic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone using FM Transmitters, with ANY phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

nokia n8. it's great. clear range of about 3-4 metres. more than enough. Not bluetooth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dr ro wrote: »
    nokia n8. it's great. clear range of about 3-4 metres. more than enough. Not bluetooth though.

I think you misread my question. The Nokia N8 is a phone. I'm not looking for a phone. I'm looking for an FM Transmitter to play audio over my car stereo.

Oh, The N8 does, in fact, have bluetooth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i'm using the fm transmitter built into my n8. Sorry for the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I have one that plugs into the cigarette socket and then has an audio lead that connects to the phone.

It works fine but the lead is a bit annoying. Might look into the plantronics one and see how it works over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tried the plantronics one on the weekends. Fine for calls, music. Though I found it hard to accurately set it to an empty frequency as theres no way of adjusting it manually. Plantronics just has an FM button, when you press it it moves the frequency by a step.

When playing music or taking a call it was fine, but when it was quiet it produced quite a lot of static noise. Still debating weather to get it or not.

Advertisement