Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about moving to eMobile...Am i mad?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Vodafone contract is up, and right now eMobile are looking rather tempting:
    Apparently much cheaper, and also willing to supply a phone on a 12 month contract.

Too good to be true?

I've heard mutterings about Meteor on both billing and coverage, and i'm assuming eMobile is basically the same thing with a different name.

Should i avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I've heard mutterings about Meteor on both billing and coverage, and i'm assuming eMobile is basically the same thing with a different name.

Yeah, same network, different brand name is all.

They have some good price models.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Vodafone contract is up, and right now eMobile are looking rather tempting:
    Apparently much cheaper, and also willing to supply a phone on a 12 month contract.

Too good to be true?

Should i avoid?

Why not get a free pre pay sim from emobile or meteor and test out coverage in your area. Then at least you can be assured of that when you move. I'm with Meteor (they share CC staff) and I'm happy with coverage and customer care so far albeit it's only been a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

No, you're not mad, I've found them pretty excellent.

The coverage's not as absolutely flawless as Vodafone, but it hasn't let me down even in remote spots so far and their 3G is blazingly fast in urban areas, light years ahead of "3" who were my previous network.

It's basically just Meteor in a more 'business-friendly' guise - new logo, but other than that it's exactly the same infrastructure.

If you make a lot of calls to landlines, even their prepay bundles come with unlimited landline calls, which is pretty excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

My only grief with them is that they don't seem to offer a bundle with unlimited emobile-to-emobile calls. 90% of my calls is to the missus, I'd use up my minutes fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Solair wrote: »
    The coverage's not as absolutely flawless as Vodafone, but it hasn't let me down even in remote spots so far and their 3G is blazingly fast in urban areas, light years ahead of "3" who were my previous network.

From all my testing here in south dublin and out skerries direction 3 are way faster than o2 and totally acceptable HSPA speeds.
    1654504161.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Have work phone with O2, its ok.
    My own one is with meteor for a while, after switching between most of the networks, vodafone were the only ones i had issues with

Advertisement