Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam game download getting stuck at same percentage

Options
  • 13-04-2012 4:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to re-install TF2 as it wouldn't update and play after I changed some hardware, all other steam games work.

So I uninstalled TF2 and went to install it again, whenever it gets to 70% it just pauses and will not resume no matter what I do. I tried deleting clientregistery.blob, installing in safemode, hooking computer up directly to router etc. Also tried changing download region but it sounds like an issue on my end as I have it installed fine on another PC. I tried to copy those files over, when I did that it said it was 99% installed and would not resume the update. Also verified game cache.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I've been trying to re-install TF2 as it wouldn't update and play after I changed some hardware, all other steam games work.

So I uninstalled TF2 and went to install it again, whenever it gets to 70% it just pauses and will not resume no matter what I do. I tried deleting clientregistery.blob, installing in safemode, hooking computer up directly to router etc.

I have it installed fine on another pc and I tried to copy those files over, when I did that it said it was 99% installed and would not resume the update.

Any other ideas?

just leave it at it. sometimes it does it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Leave it paused you mean? It might start again?

It's been like this for over 24 hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Leave it paused you mean? It might start again?

It's been like this for over 24 hours now.

sometimes it does it to me too. keep in mind if you play other steam game it pauses too. just try cloking again pouse/resume button. when there is big traffic steam can be an arse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep not playing anything, and can install anything else fine. I've clicked it a lot :D

Will keep trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

You have the DVD or are you downloading it all from the internet?

• Advertisement

Just from the net.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you tried to change your location in Steam's settings? Perhaps there's an issue with the Irish servers.

Yep, you missed that bit in the OP ;-) I tired Ireland, London and Manchester. Very annoying, I was thinking maybe some file was corrupted and not deleted or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is it specific to TF2 ?

Do you have many other games on STEAM ? , maybe try new install of client, create directories for TF2 (common/TF2) etc and do that "copy" and verify and defragment and see if it will get past 99%

Yep it's specific to TF2. Have plenty of other games. Suppose I could try the whole steam client and copy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

have you got enough room free, if not try clearing the cache ,

Yep 1.5 terrabye, everything failed! Damn you steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

reinstalling steam work?

Nope :(

And IT WORKS. Days later!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I had the same thing with TF2 a few weeks back. i just deleted it and re-downloaded and it was all cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

what fixed it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a new hat ;)

Had to uninstall steam, search computer/registry for any stuff left over by accident and delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,348 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Skerries wrote: »
    a new hat ;)
    you can't spell patch without h-a-t.

• Advertisement
Advertisement