Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee injury no health insurance

Options
  • 13-04-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi before i dive straight in to my issue, il explain my situation first. I have recently returned to education and left work. In my previous job i was part of the group health insurance scheme. Since my return to college iv have opted not to renew my health insurance as it was a cost i thought i could do with out (very foolish on my part). In the mean time i have done cartilage damage to my knee playing football. Iv had the mri and the results suggest that i would need to have knee surgery. I am just wondering if anyone how much the surgery usually costs and/or am as a student am i entitled to or fall under any sort of health care cover. Regards C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Student or not, you are covered under the standard hospital coverage. The bad news is that there could be a long waiting list. Speak to your GP about getting you on the the waiting list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

"accessibility mobility & disability"

*scratches head* :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Bakemate

As SerialComplaint says, you are entitled to the public health care system. If you are admitted to hospital, you will be charged €75 per night up to a maximum of €750 per year and the rest is free. I assume you got the MRI on referral from your GP? Did he not discuss when and where you'd get the operation?

Advertisement