Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TurboFire fitness workout with team beachbody

Options
  • 13-04-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

About 5 months ago, I weighed 15st 8lbs. I'm 41 years old.

Started doing a small bit of cardio twice or three times a week and altered my eating habbits with the plan of taking up one of the fitness programmes offered by team beachbody.

I see all food habits as diet so - i altered mine and reduced wheat to a minimum but making sure i had correct amount of carbs, protein, vitimens and minerals from foods.

Reason I wanted to reduce the weight first was that there's a lot of high impact jumping on some of the programmes and i didn't want to develop any knee issues (the 15st 8lb was bad news on my knees)

I'm currently around the 12st mark (fluctuates by a pound or so either way)

I received the programme on we morning and did a few trial runs of the FireStarter class just to get used to the moves etc.

Started officially today. Good for starters - but i'm looking forward to week four and five!

Not a massive burn but I'm going to a kali training class in a few hours and we'll be doing another cardio workout at that.

My goals are to get properly fit, toned, agile and quick on my feet.

Would highly recommend people check out the programmes they have to offer on team beechbody to see if one suits them.

As well as the programme, I received a book of great simple recipes and lots of great nutrition information and suggestions. All of which i'd be willing to share with others should they ask.

Tomorrow is the Low20 (20ins) HIIT (high intensity interval training) and the 10 stretch class - bring it! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Best of luck with the programme! I've done it and still do - love it!! Such a buzz!! Lost about a stone doing it (along with logging calories on Myfitnesspal.com) and really toned up. The best thing though is how fit I've got - you will really notice a difference in the fitness levels a few weeks in. Some of the moves take a while to get used to (I am not the most co-ordinated :o) but use the 'New to Class' option for the first week or so and you will get used to it. I have started Chalen Extreme now (also Chalene Johnson) - a strength programme - but am keeping up doing TurboFire too.

Fab weight loss by the way - well done. You must be very proud :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Thanks Methven. I might just look into myfitnesspal.com.

Really enjoying the programme and i'm only into the second week! :)

My friend got the charlene extreme - we're looking at swapping programmes when we're done.

I really like the fact that there's no chin up bars or weights needed for the programme. That's a great thing about the insanity programme. I'm hoping that by this time next year, i'll be fit enough to try Sean T's Insanity programme.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

To continue my log as i haven't been online...

2nd day was the Low20 (20ins) HIIT (high intensity interval training) and 10 min stretch routine after. Really enjoyed the workout but I've decided since to do my own stretching routine.

Day 3 was a rest day - no workout today, but i train in silat and kali martial arts on sundays so wasn't completely idle.

Day 4 - Fire Starter class again - now that i know the moves a bit better, i can put more effort into it and hopefully get more out. Up at 6.30am in order to get the programme. Forced myself out of the bed. Once i'd started, was really glad that i'd got up early to do the workout. Couldn't believe how much energy i had by the time i got into work at 9am. Not groggy at all - for me groggy is normal in the mornings.

Day 5 - Fire 45 EZ Class. Up again at 6.30 for the workout. I think my mind is allergic to mornings but was very happy i'd pushed myself to get out of bed. Combat Kali martial arts class in the evening. Can really start to feel the muscles working now.

Day 6 Fire Starter again. Getting to push it harder now as i'm getting used to the moves.

Day 7 - Missed the workout - Slept it out this morning so had to do workout in the evening. Was so groggy when i got into work. Cant believe how much of a difference a work out in the morning can make to energy levels for the day.

Week 2
    Day 8 - Fire 55 EZ class - up again at 6.30 - Loving the fire class - there's an alarm that goes off every now and then where you get to give it 110% for a minute. Made up lucozade energy drink and brought to work to sip throughout the day. 1 and half hour combat kali class in the eve with cardio workout at the end. Feeling now that i'm getting to put more into the cardio workout in this class since i started the programme.

Day 9 - Low HIIT (high intensity interval training) 25 (25mins) class - Did in evening after 2 hour western martial arts longsword training. Also did back and side situps.

Rest day tomorrow. Eating a bit of junk food today - but that's just a good excuse to really push it at the next programme in two days!

Really loving the fact that i'm doing this - would like now to be able to purchase the shakeology.

Starting to feel better mentally and physically. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Thanks Methven. I might just look into myfitnesspal.com.

Really enjoying the programme and i'm only into the second week! :)

My friend got the charlene extreme - we're looking at swapping programmes when we're done.

I really like the fact that there's no chin up bars or weights needed for the programme. That's a great thing about the insanity programme. I'm hoping that by this time next year, i'll be fit enough to try Sean T's Insanity programme.

:D

Sounds like you have had a great start - well done. I find it really hard to do the workout in the morning too but as you say it feels great when its done and I definitely get more done at work :). I saw a quote from Chalene Johnson this week basically saying 'Workout early in the morning before your brain realises what you're doing'!

One thing I have found great is using a HRM - great for motivating and also stops you underestimating or overestimating calories used up. So if you haven't got one I'd definitely recommend it.

Yeah it would be great to do Insanity although apparently its completely mental and you end up mopping up the pools of sweat afterwards :D:D. Still its something to aim for. I've also been looking at Jillian Michaels new one which is supposed to be similar to Insanity ie. 90 days and very hardcore. For the moment though its Chalean Extreme & a few Turbo Fires thrown in and then a hybrid.

By the way I'm 42 so similar in age to yourself. Definitely have to work harder when you're older. Wish I had the metabolism of my 3 year old!

Best of luck with Turbo Fire and any questions or tips let me know.

Advertisement