Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New trailer regulations?

• 13-04-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭

3) There should be a plate on the trailer saying what the axel can carry and with the new laws all trailers have to have them you could also look into getting another axle welded on maybe one with brakes if you will be on the road a lot.

Hi can anybody elaborate on these new trailer regulations? or post a link to further information regarding same. I currently have a handmade trailer with no plate( I doubt it ever had one). So is it now illegal to tow my boat on this trailer? It strikes me that there must be an awful lot of trailers in this country driving around without a plate on them.

Do I have to go and buy a new trailer or is there a place that one can go to get a trailer inspected and plated? It's a 20 foot long single axle boat trailer with leaf spring suspension.

Also are these regulations being enforced; has anybody been stopped by the guards with out a plate on their boat trailer and suffered any consequences?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement