Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet options Athlone..

Options
  • 13-04-2012 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hows it going..

Moving to Athlone next week moving into strandcourt..

Whats the best internet I can get for that area?.

3rd floor apartment..

I'd prefer wireless for the laptop/ps3.

"hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

UPC by a mile, If cable isn't available in the apartment and there is a phoneline you could opt for vodafone or eircom
    Other than that there's wimax which i wouldn't recommend for gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

darokane wrote: »
    UPC by a mile, If cable isn't available in the apartment and there is a phoneline you could opt for vodafone or eircom

Cheers dude..

The apartments look afairly new Strandcourt.

So should be no hassle getting UPC.

Wonder is there still the 2 week wait :rolleyes::rolleyes:

'hdz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

darokane wrote: »

I'd give the same recommendation. Have used Wimax and I wouldn't recommend it for anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

lol athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

I highly recommend UPC, it's affordable and always has good speeds. It goes up to 100mb for 55 euro a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement