Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an IZI Combi X3 car seat, non-ISOFIX?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 7:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to test-fit one in my car before I buy from the North. No-one around here carries them.

Thanks,
    Adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Tis too early for X3's to be scrapped yet so main dealer I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

eth0 wrote: »
    Tis too early for X3's to be scrapped yet so main dealer I'd say

LOL he is looking at a baby seat. Adam Tony Kealys stock them in Cork allthough I looked at one and I didnt really like it. I ended up getting a Britax safefix in Halfords which seems to be just as good..

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Adam Tony Kealys stock them in Cork allthough I looked at one and I didnt really like it. I ended up getting a Britax safefix in Halfords which seems to be just as good..

Thanks! Unfortunately we were out there Thursday evening and they are not stocking the non-ISOFIX one any more. Unless we can find someone who is willing to let us look at theirs, we will either have to order with our fingers crossed or drive the car to Belfast to test fit it. :eek:

We have looked at the rear-facing Britax ones too, but the leg room is not so good. Our lad is already in the 90-something percentile for height, so we don't want to end up with a very expensive seat he grows out of length-wise before he reaches the weight limit.

If you go onto www.kiddicare.com they have a forum where you can ask if the seat fits your particular car. I asked there when I was thinking about buying one. They are fairly bulky and heavy btw and really restrict the room for the passangers seat..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks Corkie. It'll fit alright, I'm just a bit worried I'll end up with my knees in my mouth. :) We might end up having to go to Belfast anyway, it'd just a lot easier to try it here if possible. We'll be in Dublin next weekend though, might ask on the Dublin forum if no-one here has one.

• Advertisement

Just wondering now why it has to be such a specific car seat if it isn't one of the seats for the car itself that you'd travel to Belfast for it?

It's a rear-facing group 1-2 seat. Recommendations are leaning towards keeping children rear-facing for longer these days, but because it's kind of a recent thing not a lot of them are available yet. They're also pretty heavily engineered because they need more fixing points, so they're expensive.

dahamsta wrote: »
    It's a rear-facing group 1-2 seat. Recommendations are leaning towards keeping children rear-facing for longer these days, but because it's kind of a recent thing not a lot of them are available yet. They're also pretty heavily engineered because they need more fixing points, so they're expensive.

There was a few threads over in the baby forum Adam so it might be worth your while askin over..

Mal.

Will do, thanks.

dahamsta wrote: »
    so they're expensive.

Jaysus. Just had a look, they are. You'd buy a trailer for that money

• Advertisement

You would, but he'd roll around in it a fair bit. And he'd get wet. I think a seat is probably the better option.

Advertisement