Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit-Chat & Off-topic randomness

Options
  • 13-04-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Their seems to be a fair amount of traffic in this forum so how's about a random / off-topic thread for everyone for chit-chat and what-not?!

It could be a good place for people to get to know each other outside of the main specific threads being started :)

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi op I think its a good idea, as Iv only posted here when I needed info it might be nice to get to know people.
    :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It would be grand, except it was started by a Kerry person :P And Kerry people need special passes to be in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm taking it that you moved to Mallow Kerry4Sam, how is it going for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm taking it that you moved to Mallow Kerry4Sam, how is it going for you?

still awaiting clearance :)
    It would be grand, except it was started by a Kerry person :P And Kerry people need special passes to be in Cork!

Ah you see with d'interweb being new to me here in Kerry, I just had to see what I could do :eek: and fyi, me visa to cross the border *shuddering* should be in me hands soon ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm surprised you're coming at all! :P We'll have to have a Mallow beers someday soon, given the number of people around here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I'm surprised you're coming at all! :P We'll have to have a Mallow beers someday soon, given the number of people around here!

I hope so. There has been talk of them for years, possibly there was one once I don't remember and then it died down again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Has to be a place with free wifi - else how else do we communicate?

Manach wrote: »
    Has to be a place with free wifi - else how else do we communicate?

:D

Hi B has free Wifi - can picture about ten people inside the bar of the Hi B, all on laptops, smiling away to themselves as they read the posts of others on the OT thread :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I was out in Kanturk last nite and the pubs were empty. The Vintage was packed though and we had a lovely meal.

The pub in Banteer was packed aswell and they had a great band playing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My gosh, thread started by a kerry person i hear......it must be a joke! :P I'm all for this thread, its a great idea! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

Great ideas, about the thread and the beers! I'm in for anytime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

hey all, ive gone rural! was a art of the cork city chi chat and meetups but just recently moved to midleton. i guess ill have to start contributing here :)
    any one else here from midleton?
    is there anywhere around to play some pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

isn't there a pool hall down the end of Main st, opposite Broderick St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

:D

Hi B has free Wifi - can picture about ten people inside the bar of the Hi B, all on laptops, smiling away to themselves as they read the posts of others on the OT thread :P

All surrounding one table,,with one beer in front of the lot of them...:D

Game on for that one!! I'm only living out the road, i'm often in Chasers anyhow. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

SexyGuy wrote: »
    All surrounding one table,,with one beer in front of the lot of them...:D.
    Try that in the Hi B and Brian would probable pour the drink over the heads of the lot of them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Hi lads Im from kanturk and looking forward to getting to know ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

a Macroom boardie here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

corked wrote: »
    a Macroom boardie here!

Just down the road near Enniskeane here.. but semi-housebound because of disability so no meetings...

Is the Killarney road roundabout in Mallow always a barrel of laughs or was it just me who found it particularly funny today hoping to get from there to the Western Road, in the City, in 20mins :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Is the Killarney road roundabout in Mallow always a barrel of laughs or was it just me who found it particularly funny today hoping to get from there to the Western Road, in the City, in 20mins :D

Friday is a terrible day for it.

eth0 wrote: »
    Friday is a terrible day for it.

oh speaking of Friday! Happy Friday to all in here. Enjoy your week-end :)

Went to to the Millstreet Country park today, they having Blacksmith exhibitoins and other 'olde craft' type things there this weekend. Was good, lots to see and the park itself is really lovely to walk around. only a Pity it was a bit nippy though. :D

Lisha wrote: »
    Went to to the Millstreet Country park today, they having Blacksmith exhibitoins and other 'olde craft' type things there this weekend. Was good, lots to see and the park itself is really lovely to walk around. only a Pity it was a bit nippy though. :D

I'll be in Mallow for a while this coming week so I must stop in to the Millstreet Country Park, been ages! Cheers for the reminder :)

yomtea98 wrote: »

Hello there, i'm also from Kanturk. :)

Hello there, i'm also from Kanturk. :)
    yomtea98 wrote: »

Hi I'm not too far from Kanturk, went to secondary school there, and now it's my main shopping town.
    Just said I'd say 'hi' too:)

Ah no, I'm surrounded by Kanturk people!!!!!!

^^^^ LOL :D

So we have a few Kanturkies on this. :D Hi Lisha. :)

LoL not sure if I've ever being described as a Kanturk person before. In school once you had to go home by bus you were a country culchie and that was that:D
    But Hi All anyway;)

• Advertisement

^^^^ LOL :D

So we have a few Kanturkies on this. :D Hi Lisha. :)

I read your sentence as above :D

Advertisement