Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit-Chat & Off-topic randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭west cork lad

This should nearly be renamed mallow and surrounding areas thread. Lol. Work there so can't complain I suppose. On petrol/diesel prices. Near ballincollig there is a Station on inniscarra side of bridge from park entrance is always low prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

This should nearly be renamed mallow and surrounding areas thread. Lol. Work there so can't complain I suppose. On petrol/diesel prices. Near ballincollig there is a Station on inniscarra side of bridge from park entrance is always low prices.

LOL west cork lad, only way to diminish the mallow/kanturk influence is for other Corkonians to use the thread:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

There should be a separate mallow forum :D

The glorious sunshine in Kanturk today was so fantastic. THe only down side to it was that the AIB ATM was rendered totally unusable due to the sunshine glare on the monitor. Some people were very cross............ I hope they got their cash eventually:)

Lisha wrote: »
    The glorious sunshine in Kanturk today was so fantastic. THe only down side to it was that the AIB ATM was rendered totally unusable due to the sunshine glare on the monitor. Some people were very cross............ I hope they got their cash eventually:)

First world problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

Ah no, I'm surrounded by Kanturk people!!!!!!
    I'm also from kanturk, but i'm living in mallow lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Woohoo more Kanturk people! Hi to all! :D

Woohoo more Kanturk people! Hi to all! :D
    what school did you go to and who was the principle then?:)

Went to the convent. I had two principles while i was there. Sr Margaret Coffey and Ted O Conner. What about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Evry TSB ATM faces the sun... maddening but possible with ingenuity..

Used a machine to make a deposit in B of I in Macroom today; the queue for the one cashier was so long they were diverting folk and had a cashier helping who was actually great.

Hate machines but this was was rather fine; spat a few notes back out at me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My sympathies to the family and friends of the young Cork girl who lost her battle in hospital after a sand-dune collapsed on her in the Maherees, West Kerry.

from radiokerry.ie
    30 May 2012

Teenage girl dies after sand dune collapse

A teenage girl who was trapped under a collapsed sand dune in west Kerry yesterday has passed away. 19 year old Niamh McCarthy who was from Cork died in hospital this afternoon. Niamh McCarthy from Minane Bridge in Cork had been on the Back Beach in the Maharees with friends when the tragedy happened around 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon. The group had travelled to west Kerry after finishing their college exams. The group had dug a hole in the dune prior to its collapse. Her friends and locals managed to dig her out before she received medical attention. She was then rushed by ambulance to Kerry General Hospital. Gardai have confirmed the teenager lost her fight for life at Kerry General Hospital this afternoon.

Went to the convent. I had two principles while i was there. Sr Margaret Coffey and Ted O Conner. What about you?

you a bit younger than me so:D, I was there in Sr Immaculata's time

kerry4sam wrote: »
    My sympathies to the family and friends of the young Cork girl who lost her battle in hospital after a sand-dune collapsed on her in the Maherees, West Kerry.

from radiokerry.ie

such a tragedy, God love them all. There are no words...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Very hard for her family, sympathies to her friends and family.

from radiokerry.ie

My condolences also to the family and friends of the girl, very sad news. also spare a thought for the emergency services that fought hard to save her.:(

I was there for her too, not a good experience lol

I was there for her too, not a good experience lol

:D all over now.......... thankfully;)

That nun sounds strict. I'm sure they were fun times. :D We had a lot of coffey breaks with our nun. :D

from radiokerry.ie

My condolences to all that knew her. Very tragic news.

Everyone enjoying the sh1t weather?

weather makes no difference to me, its what you make of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

weather makes no difference to me, its what you make of it

Well; OK. but for gardeners and farmers at this time of year it is pretty dire.

A field here of sileage is flattened.

And for those needing to travel and who are flooded.

Did all shopping etc yesterday.

Have still to see what damage is done in my garden. Many of the bean seeds have rotted sadly and all else is way behind.

If anyone knows where in Mallow I can get a decent 99 ice-cream you might please let me know,

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭WhyGoBald

I'm staying in Mallow for a while, originally from Dublin, and I'm just in awe of the variety and quality of food (veg, meat, baked goods, dairy, fish) you can get here! It's hard to find a loaf of white spelt bread in Dublin, but not so here. The only quibble is that fish is on the pricey side.

Happy Christmas to all in cork county and beyond :)

Hope Everyone in Cork County and across the borders have a Lovely Christmas :) Hope you all spend some time with your loved ones before Year End. Enjoy your Christmas Day Everyone!

Crikey I'm glad I was not on Mallow -Cork road lats Sat am. Would hate to be in middle of sulkie race. :eek:
    That sulkie-race was shocking alright wasn't it! Thread on it over in AH going strong.

I feel sorry for the people on the Cork-Mallow road last Saturday though that did have to encounter it, certainly not what you could reasonably expect to encounter on a national road. Investigations under-way now and it's good to have some quality video-footage of car registrations and faces of some of those present on that stretch of road last Saturday :)

re: the following youtube clip - I am hearing that 5 men have been sentenced to 5months in jail each for dangerous driving from this sulky race.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yep,plenty of time for sulking now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Speaking of sulking........who took my kit-kat? I'll forgive you, in time, but I'd just like to know so I can put a name on the voodoo doll I've just made.

reic wrote: »
    Speaking of sulking........who took my kit-kat? I'll forgive you, in time, but I'd just like to know so I can put a name on the voodoo doll I've just made.

I did! Lemme hop a kit-kat over the county bounds to you, I'll try not to hit your voodoo doll of me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

reic wrote: »
    A kat burglar of course.

Advertisement