Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get on to ulsu.ie

Options
  • 13-04-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Tried getting on to www.ulsu.ie there earlier but it still wont connect

Anybody know what wrong with it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

It seems like it is just you, ulsu.ie's up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's down for me as well in D-Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Polar Ice wrote: »
    They forgot to pay the hamster to run on its wheel.
    Hamsters are expensive these days

Just checked there, they sent me an email saying they'd changed the UL server's password to "UL", and somehow someone managed to crack it and bring the whole thing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

lol

if the have not renewed their registration i will be stealing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 kragmite

If they havent renewed it, it is probably because they cant afford the 10 - 20 euro a year that it probably costs. Just wish they had given us some notice, or maybe the comms office is holding it for the next an focal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    lol

if the have not renewed their registration i will be stealing it

You ever tried to register a .ie address before? Not as easy as you'd think

i have, more than 20 actually. I'm just thinking of a company i can registered that is as amusing as possible to use the ulsu acronym.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just sell it back to them for one million euros
    dr-evil.jpg

Someone call Deirdre O' Shaughnessy and tell her to get off her ass and fix it!!!

http://who.is/whois/ulsu.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

kragmite wrote: »
    Someone call Deirdre O' Shaughnessy and tell her to get off her ass and fix it!!!

http://who.is/whois/ulsu.ie/

She's the former CO of many many years ago (06/07 i think...). AFAIK the responsibility for such things was then given to the (at the time) secretary general

jesus the secretary general, general manager, manager secretery are as bad as the sabbatical officers. seriously, who is in charge of recruitment getting these eejits.

remember the time the accountant was at the big egm and asked to put a rough figure to the su debt and he didn't know! what a plonker.

like all irish SU are a ****ing joke, like literally a farce, but ulsu is by far the most inept and incompetent. we should just outsource it all to a company in india or something it's so bad at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

jesus the secretary general, general manager, manager secretery are as bad as the sabbatical officers. seriously, who is in charge of recruitment getting these eejits.

remember the time the accountant was at the big egm and asked to put a rough figure to the su debt and he didn't know! what a plonker.

like all irish SU are a ****ing joke, like literally a farce, but ulsu is by far the most inept and incompetent. we should just outsource it all to a company in india or something it's so bad at this stage.

If it's so bad why don't you get involved and change it ,

if people want to inprove the SU it's as simple as getting involved

i did get involved, i elected people to change it. but some of those elected renegaded on their promises.

there is always some idiot who says "sure why don't you become president and change it".

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

She's the former CO of many many years ago (06/07 i think...). AFAIK the responsibility for such things was then given to the (at the time) secretary general

So who's responsible now? The Communications Officer or the General Manager?
    Rather large mistake - payment more than one month overdue.

I hear ULSU has run out of money and can't afford the ~€20 :D:pac:

I heard the CO is to bitter about not getting reelected she's letting all this stuff slip. probaby not true though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 csmith

Nominations for the following positions for 2012/13 are now open and will close at 6pm on Monday 16th April 2012. Job descriptions are available in this link http://www.ulsu.ie/about/councilpos Hi guys, I am really interested in running for a position, but the link isn't working. How am I supposed to find out more information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 auldpooky

mayo_lad wrote: »
    If it's so bad why don't you get involved and change it ,

if people want to inprove the SU it's as simple as getting involved
    csmith wrote: »
    Nominations for the following positions for 2012/13 are now open and will close at 6pm on Monday 16th April 2012. Job descriptions are available in this link http://www.ulsu.ie/about/councilpos Hi guys, I am really interested in running for a position, but the link isn't working. How am I supposed to find out more information ?

The reason I started the thread is here.

I want to run for one of the councillor positions to get involved and just wanted to find out a bit more about it. The email said check www.ulsu.ie but I guess I am just **** out of luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi guys.

If you want to shoot a mail to paddy.rockett@ul.ie I can send you on the word documents relating to whichever you may want.

Delighted your running for a position! :)

Paddy

Who is responsible for the site ?

When will it be back online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

kragmite wrote: »
    Who is responsible for the site ?

When will it be back online ?

Comms office and president develop the website - been in office for most of the day and it was working fine up until the last hour -have never dealt with the site myself in terms of maintainance and structure.

On a similar note ITD have cut my personal account for a couple of days -apparently due to maintenance or something so My sucso email account is gone -working off a default account till tuesday.Maybe these are related. I just hope this is not indicative of a systems overhaul throughout the university with the students so close to exams.

As for the Website I have never been involved with changes or alterations or involved with the website in any way. on it nor did I get any indication this was going to happen bar what I received from ITD on friday. I let the main operators know. If there are any elements of the website i can help with I'll do my best

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'll ask the GM to sort it first thing on Monday. I have no idea why it's down, but I do know the maintainence fees were paid weeks ago. I know this because I was copied on the email asking for payment and followed it up.

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'll ask the GM to sort it first thing on Monday. I have no idea why it's down, but I do know the maintainence fees were paid weeks ago. I know this because I was copied on the email asking for payment and followed it up.

Maybe you should check out the latest on www.ulsuelect.com

They seem to be more clued in than you are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

That's news to me! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Strangely enough the website was never down for me and I've always been able to access. Don't ask me why :confused:

it's fixed now. if you were looking at it earlier it must have been a cached copy your proxy had stored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

it's fixed now. if you were looking at it earlier it must have been a cached copy your proxy had stored.
    That's what I thought, must have been it.

Advertisement