Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonsongs on High Street

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Wonsongs, the Chinese restaurant on High Street has been closed since Monday at the least, any one know if this is permanent or what? One of the better take aways in town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Really hope it's not permanent... My favourite Chinese in Waterford.

Their Wongsons Sauce is really nice!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Things weren't great but I didn't get any indication that they were considering closing anyway. But iv noticed a Chinese in Tramore seems to be closed for a while so I assume its some sort of holiday that they take maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

no holidays im married to chinese lass they own a takeaway things might of got tight like rent. My 1 is looky her dad bought the building 30 years ago so no rent which is a killer this days :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

Yeah they are def closed, what a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

What a pity they were a great bunch of lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Gone about 3 weeks unfortunately, the Wongsong special sauce will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Ah balls to that anyway! Will be hard to find another good one. Or it will be back to going to Johnny Walkers which isn't a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Very sad, just as the population of feral cats in the inner city was at an all time low.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

They where gone from justeat a while ago i was wondering what happened to them, they will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

creambun wrote: »
    They where gone from justeat a while ago i was wondering what happened to them, they will be missed.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

If I recall correctly, myself and a group of friends tried to book a table at Wonsongs at Xmas a couple of years ago. They wanted a 5 euro deposit from each of us, 40 in total. They also stated that if all 8 of us didn't turn up, i.e. if only 7 of us turned up for the dinner, we would forfeit our deposit completely, i.e. would not be able to put it towards the bill. So we told them to go swivel. If it was Wonsongs I'm thinking of, I don't have any sympathy whatsoever with them going out of business.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, myself and a group of friends tried to book a table at Wonsongs at Xmas a couple of years ago. They wanted a 5 euro deposit from each of us, 40 in total. They also stated that if all 8 of us didn't turn up, i.e. if only 7 of us turned up for the dinner, we would forfeit our deposit completely, i.e. would not be able to put it towards the bill. So we told them to go swivel. If it was Wonsongs I'm thinking of, I don't have any sympathy whatsoever with them going out of business.

In fairness I don't think asking for a deposit in this instance is out of order. Probably their busiest time of year and a booking of 40 would be the whole restaurant for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

thomasm wrote: »

In fairness I don't think asking for a deposit in this instance is out of order. Probably their busiest time of year and a booking of 40 would be the whole restaurant for the night

It was for 8 people I think.

michellie wrote: »
    thomasm wrote: »

It was for 8 people I think.

Not too awake when reading that one :) That those sound harsh all right

Advertisement