Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK property market

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

i am moving to the UK next year.
    I really the uk property prices have fallen but obviously not as drastically as here.
    does anyone know if there are still good buy to let options in the UK or would you have to wait for the economy to pick up over there too before its worthwhile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Where are you looking to buy?

What do you want to buy??

Bear in mind mortgages are every bit as difficult to obtain in the UK as it is here. Banks (Mostly nationalised) have tightened their lending criteria.

Oh - As I understand it, BTL mortgages are IMPOSSIBLE to come by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

i'm moving to leeds.
    haven't decided what type of property to buy, just enquiring whether buy to let is even a runner in the UK.
    Didn't know that there was the difficulties you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My understanding is that if you're looking to buy, then you have to have an A1 credit rating and show work history for at least three years. Even then, you may not get one.

Most mortgages are for 75% LTV.

Advertisement