Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying more games than finishing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think the hardest thing about having a backlog is trying to decide which game to play next.

The hardest thing about having a backlog is knowing that you'll buy a load more games before you make a dent in the ones that you've got lined up.

I'm happy that I've read this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only person with this affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lol!

Totally the same here, that topic I started a little while back re: xbox games gone under the raidar but must by has put me in the red! ekk.

Xbox games that are waiting to be played and/or finished

Condemned 1 & 2
    Bayonetta
    Darksiders
    Far Cry 2
    Dead Space 2
    Mirrors Edge
    Metro 2033
    Shadow of the Damned
    Others too but cant think of them...

3DS games that never get played anymore:
    Mario 3D Land (just went off it near the very end)
    Mario Kart 7 (got boring fast)
    Zelda OoT (mah)
    Bit Trip Saga (handles pretty bad)
    Kid Icarus (totally not into it)
    Shinobi (christ its hard)
    Pilotwings (total tech demo)
    Super Duper Street Fighter 4 3D (its not Street Fighter 2!)
    Others too, but cant remember

Have a feeling after work I am going to think about selling a lot of those 3DS games.
    Only 3DS game I play a lot of is Re:R, damn that Raid Mode lol.

Had this probelm with my gamecube games up untill last month, had like 30 games, they were just sitting there not being played, so I sold them on as someone else will most likely play them sooner than me.

Seem to have passed the habbit onto the Xbox and 3ds, d'oh

Nothing out that I really want until Bioshock and RE6 so, have the summer to play catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The hardest thing about having a backlog is knowing that you'll buy a load more games before you make a dent in the ones that you've got lined up.

This is also a problem. Having a Bargains thread at the top of this forum doesn't help either. :)

Then there are the games I don't own but since I hear good things about them, I want to play. Bioshock, for example.

For PS3
    Unused games
    International Cricket 2010
    Heavenly Sword
    F1 Championship Edition
    SEGA Mega Drive Collection
    GTA 4: Ballad of Gay Tony
    Uncharted
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Saw
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
    Never Dead
    No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
    El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
    Move Racket Sports
    Move Mind Benders
    MGS Peace Walker HD
    Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    Back to the Future Ep 4 & 5
    Wipeout HD
    InFamous
    Dead Nation
    Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
    Stick Man Rescue
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy VII
    Altered Beast
    Streets of Rage 1 & 2
    Sonic 2
    Resident Evil 2 & 3
    Jet Rider
    Trine 2
    Sly Racoon
    Silent Hill
    Shank 2

< 2 hours played
    UFC 2009
    Pro Evo 2011
    The Simpsons
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    MGS3 HD
    Planet Minigolf
    Burnout Paradise
    DC Universe Online
    Afterburner Climax
    Little Big Planet

Can't believe I almost bought Tiger Woods at the weekend :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

i was a whore for playing halfway through a game then buying another one without first finishing the first game.
    ive stopped doing it though as its a waste. ive at least 30 unfinished games that ill probably never complete now. ive tried going back to some of them such as turok, far cry 2 and dead rising but find it difficult to pick up and play halfway tthrough and try to remember the controls/powers etc.
    so from now on wrapper stays on a game until ive completed the previous one!

Same here. If I start a game I play til the end as I know I probably wouldn't come back to it. And any game I stopped playing part of the way through for some reason, I restart from the beginning.

Don't know how many times I restarted Metroid Prime 2 before I finished it. Reasons included starting a job in a hotel with crap hours and a corrupt memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I have a MASSIVE backlog that only gets bigger by the month(25+ DS games, 35+ Xbox 360 games, 3 for 3DS & about 8 PS3 games). I decided to try to sell most my Gamecube games as I will never get the time to finishing most of them. REALLY want a Vita but that would be more Money & Games so I can't justify it at the moment. Haven't even finished 3 out of the 4 3DS games I currently have but want Rhythm Detective & Kid Icarus, really want the Witcher 2 aswell.
    Picks up DS & goes back playing Phoenix Wright: JFA again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek:

Okay, we all have back catalogue stuff. But seriously mate.....you are missing out :D.

I know, I know.......I started Mass Effect 3 yesterday so that's me happy for a couple of weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I counted 78 uncompleted games covering all current generation formats. This was what working in a games store did to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've 538 not played in my backloggery :/ And I'm hitting the 3DS shop as we speak to get more.

I have a problem.

indeed you do

Only thing is, while we think his problem is buying so many games, he probably thinks his only problem is not having enough time to play them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Only thing is, while we think his problem is buying so many games, he probably thinks his only problem is not having enough time to play them. :)

Or worse still, not having enough games to choose from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

I'm still on Gears of War 3 but i've got:

Bioshock 2
    Fallout New Vegas
    Alan Wake (half way through)
    Stranglehold

gathering dust on my shelf! I had Splinter Cell Double Agent there too but I took a quick break and cleared all the single player achievements.

Advertisement