Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Arrears

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I got my regular Bord Gais electricity bill the other day with arrears of 200E on it. I emailed them to ask what they were for and they told me they were for "Networks Charges Sitework Domestic".

Has anyone come across this before or know what the charges are for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Pawpad666 wrote: »
    I got my regular Bord Gais electricity bill the other day with arrears of 200E on it. I emailed them to ask what they were for and they told me they were for "Networks Charges Sitework Domestic".

Has anyone come across this before or know what the charges are for?
    sounds like they are passing on the cost of reapirs to their gas network on to customers locally?

Refuse to pay until you get a full and proper breakdown including worksheets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

Thanks for your response.

That's what I thought it sounded like too. I only get electricity supplied from them and don't recall there being any work done in the area.

I'll certainly be taking your advice and won't pay anything until I understand exactly what they are charging me for and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

getting charged for gas pipe works in your area is one thing....getting vharged when you dont even get gas from them is another....contact them and get them to justify the charge

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

Still waiting for a reply to my last email to them. I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Hi Pawpad666

Did you get any feedback on this subject?
    Did you previously had any re-connection situation.. even if by mistake EBS did any work on your meter? Like moving house or anything down those lines?

Rgds,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

This could be a charge from ESB networks which BG would be obliged to pass on in the bill. It is not a gas networks charge as you dont have gas so has to be something to do with ESB. I would get you MPRN ready and ring ESB networks and ask for more details, this would more than likely get it resolved quickly.

Advertisement