Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow speeds since new modem installed

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

I recently got a new modem from Eircom as the old one has become faulty. With the old modem, there were never had any issues but since the new modem has been put in speeds have been noticably slower.

I have the 8Mb NGB package but the eircom speedtests are only showing download speeds of up to 1Mb. Previously I would always see speeds above 3Mb at least. Maybe the package has changed since the modem was swapped out?

Any chance someone could check the line to see if there are any issues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Tracker9 wrote: »
    Hi

I recently got a new modem from Eircom as the old one has become faulty. With the old modem, there were never had any issues but since the new modem has been put in speeds have been noticably slower.

I have the 8Mb NGB package but the eircom speedtests are only showing download speeds of up to 1Mb. Previously I would always see speeds above 3Mb at least. Maybe the package has changed since the modem was swapped out?

Any chance someone could check the line to see if there are any issues?

Hi Tracker9,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and I can run a few direct checks on your line and broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement