Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car alarm on Merchant Road?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Since at least Tuesday (maybe earlier, I wasn't in Galway for the bank holiday) there has been what seems to be a car alarm going off almost constantly on Merchant Road.

Does anybody know anything about it? It's wrecking my head!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

I heard that last night while walking the length of merchants rd, its really loud. Where is it coming from? Call the city council community wardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

How freaky that i came across this just as im working on merchants road and a car alarm is going off! haha

:)

There it goes again! :)

This is gonna get really annoying. Theres been one going off all week!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Hynes yard carpark is there, so not surprising really

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I can hear it too, this is getting ridiculous!!

And it's already really annoying..;) I want to find that car and give it's alarm something to go off about!!

• Advertisement

sunrise91 wrote: »
    I can hear it too, this is getting ridiculous!!

And it's already really annoying..;) I want to find that car and give it's alarm something to go off about!!

Ive the radio up and i seem to have selective hearing haha :)

its really bad on this road for alarms and if not that, people beeping at each other as they nearly run each other over! :eek:

Doom wrote: »
    Hynes yard carpark is there, so not surprising really

True, but this isn't just the usual one off alarm, this one has been continuously going off every few hours or so for the past few days. Extremely annoying at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

sunrise91 wrote: »
    True, but this isn't just the usual one off alarm, this one has been continuously going off every few hours or so for the past few days. Extremely annoying at this stage!

Well why not do something about it besides complain in a forum? :D

Try Mill Street

i just got home and someones alarm started going off. Alarms are following me today!! haha

I don't know would it be a car alarm, if the car was never moved, the battery would run out fairly quickly I'd imagine.
    Lots of offices there, and the alarms sound the same.

Would more than likely be one of those.
    Maybe they have a dodge window/door and once they activate the alarm it's setting it off. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I was driving down there this morning and it was still going off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fe*king thing has been almost continuous since 7:30am, maybe longer. Pretty sure a car would be dead by now, so it must be a building. Somewhere near lismoyle house i think.

Its bad enough a block away, if i lived on merchants rd id be moving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Can hear it too, not bothering me as we are a bit away but if its that bad go down to the building, identify it and then ring the guards who may have a keyholder list.

Can hear it too, not bothering me as we are a bit away but if its that bad go down to the building, identify it and then ring the guards who may have a keyholder list.

Easier said that done. I was wandering down there yesterday, and TBH could not be sure exactly which building it's coming from.

I'm home again now for about 1/2 a hour and haven't heard it, so fingers crossed.

It woke me at half 7 too, was still going off when I left at 11. And ya I think your right, I do think it's a building but I couldn't pinpoint which one it is either. Will definitely have to complain to the guards tomorrow if it's still going off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Garda probably won't help with that.
    If you can find the house see if you find the box with the alarm company and ring them.

> check the alarm box

Good idea.

But I think it was from a commercial building - couldn't see any flashing lights to go with it.

But it stayed stopped last night, AFAIK ... here's hoping anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

blaring away again now, it is fast becoming a feature of street life on merchants road

I don't understand how whoever owns the building hasn't sorted/noticed it by now?

F*cking thing.

Mr justMary just did a reconnaissance trip. He says it's coming from the Louis Copeland shop building, and that there's a flashing light coming from the alarm box.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

jesus, this is a nightmare, it's gone on and off about 10 times in the last 4 or 5 hours - can anybody who can be bothered please phone louis copeland tomorrow and tell them to sort it out - it's getting beyond a joke at this stage, I'll certainly be phoning them but unless a good number of us do it and threaten to get the guards involves they'll probably fob me off, if people want to phone them and report back here tomorrow then all the better

+1, thats why i posted the shop name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Last night was insane. I'm Ce na Mara above the Harbour Hotel and it kept me up nearly all night.

It must of been 5 or 6 AM when it finally stopped.

At 3 AM there was about 4 or 5 people up in our estate walking around trying to figure out where it was.

At 5.20 it woke me up this morning, it's gone beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If some of you live nearby why not just head in now & ask them what is going on?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    If some of you live nearby why not just head in now & ask them what is going on?

I suspect 'cos we're at work in the daytime :(

Am hoping that enough people who live around there will give them feedback to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Well they obviously don't have a phone in Louis Copeland then. Or else you are presuming they are avid readers of this forum. Interesting policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems to be back!! Been awake for over two hours with it now >:(

Advertisement