Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag.Science.. Any tips?

• 13-04-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I really wanna do well in my Ag.Science like a high B or A. But at the moment i just don't know it, i think the exam questions are really tricky.. We're only starting soil now in school, is there a point on me spendin loads of time at this when it's such a broad section?
    Anyways how are you guys preparing? I really wanna know it inside out. Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah soil is guaranteed. It's not that big a section. I can't believe your starting it now though?!?!

Remember when it comes to ag science to always get stuck in

hands_up.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

Yeah soil is guaranteed. It's not that big a section. I can't believe your starting it now though?!?!

Remember when it comes to ag science to always get stuck in

hands_up.jpg

Haha oh sucha flattering picture :p Yeah i know it's fairly late :S But i think i'll spend some time revising it but don't wanna leave the other sections cause i really need to revise them too!

Do you do chemistry? Thinking about it now the whole concept of the cation exchange capacity is a lot easier to grasp when you do chemistry.

And the anion experiments which are asked frequently, are almost exactly the same as chemistry. So, I guess it's not that easy if you don't do chemistry.

I haven't done much study for it yet, but I was suprised at how well my mock went, I haven't gotten it back yet but i'm hoping for a B.

Basically just write loads and loads. Some of the answers in the marking schemes are so stupidly obvious you'd forget to put it in

"The cow is old too old" - 4 marks :rolleyes:

Wait. Another Siobhon93 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

Do you do chemistry? Thinking about it now the whole concept of the cation exchange capacity is a lot easier to grasp when you do chemistry.

And the anion experiments which are asked frequently, are almost exactly the same as chemistry. So, I guess it's not that easy if you don't do chemistry.

I haven't done much study for it yet, but I was suprised at how well my mock went, I haven't gotten it back yet but i'm hoping for a B.

Basically just write loads and loads. Some of the answers in the marking schemes are so stupidly obvious you'd forget to put it in

"The cow is old too old" - 4 marks :rolleyes:

No, i dont do chemistry but i do Biology and Geography so that helps me a good bit with it like :) What's the cation exchange capacity? Don't think we've done that yet :S
    Yeah, i getcha some of the Q's are just common sense but it's just some are asked in sucha hard way :/

And yes Siobhan93? Is there another one? :S haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Soil is a guarented question but your right it is very broad and there is such a wide range of questions they could ask you on it. I wouldnt neglect it by all means but i wouldnt let it take away from your study of other topics on the course. The average mark scored in the Q is only 50%. so it actually turns out to be a dfficult question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

siobhan93 wrote: »
    I really wanna do well in my Ag.Science like a high B or A. But at the moment i just don't know it, i think the exam questions are really tricky.. We're only starting soil now in school, is there a point on me spendin loads of time at this when it's such a broad section?
    Anyways how are you guys preparing? I really wanna know it inside out. Any help appreciated :)

Only starting soil??? I would certainly recommend that you study this section and know it pretty well. Q2 is on soil every year.

Advertisement