Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capacitance Discharge Welder- Help Needed!

Options
  • 13-04-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there- I am thinking about downloading some plans for a home-made capacitance discharge welder {Fet driven}. The guy who made the plans has no immediate intention to order more boards but he says that the Gerber files can be sent to a PCB manufacturer who will make the boards for me.

Do we have a well known, reputable PCB manufacturer in Ireland?? If so, Anybody got any idea how much they charge or how good their work is??

The files can be downloaded here, https://secure.digitalcontentcenter....9822/products/

I don't own the files or make any profit from them, I am just throwing them up there so people can see whats involved.

Here is what the inventor/developer told me earlier today:

"I sold the bare boards and you had to buy, install and solder all the components on the boards yourself. The plans contain Gerber files which are used to manufacture the bare printed circuit boards. You can send the Gerber files to a PCB manufacturer to make the bare boards for you.
    These welders are very expensive to buy and the only way to make it affordable is to build it yourself, labor is very expensive."

Cheers. Thanks for taking the time to read this. For what it is worth I would encourage all tinkerers and builders to have a look at the plans, I already have a capacitance discharge welder that uses a big old SCR and 3 Farads of Capacitance, and its a great great tool for making up battery packs etc.

Advertisement