Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Boardsie Summer Nailpolish Swap!

• 13-04-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few of the girls over in the nailpolish forum have discussed maybe doing a nailpolish swap for the Summer.. In and around June.

We understand that some people have a lot more access to certain brands and it's basically a pain to see others wearing nailpolish others desire but can't get:D

This is just a little poll to see who would be interested in doing the swap. Once we get some good numbers we can discuss further plans.

:D

Who would like to take part in a nailpolish swap this Summer (June) 25 votes

YES YES YES!
    0%
    Nah!
    100%
    ValentinadragonaScraggsLéanTabitharoseOrleephasersrannerapanniehoodancingqueengirl_fridaySeren_OakeyDokeyhonerbrightThe Lovely MuffinCherrycokepixysarahsuomimusical.xSaorenza 25 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Nah!
    Haha, thought of this when I saw "nah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Nah!
    I like the sound of this I have a load I've only used one time to review or just swatched on paper once and I don't need them all but am sure they could find some happy new owners!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mods are discussing if/how this will work. We;ll be back to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Nah!
    Twee. wrote: »
    Mods are discussing if/how this will work. We;ll be back to you!

It's like school. I already feel like I'm in trouble :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Nah!
    This is a really fab idea- I am a member of groups like this on facebook, and I have gotten in touch with lovely American ladies, we agree a budget and we send each other a package. It is cheaper for OPI, CG and other US brands we can't get and vice versa.
    I've had some good swaps from these groups.

• Advertisement

Nah!
    wow, 14 people already! This could be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Nah!
    I am looking forward to to. I used to do a lot of swaps a few years ago and I miss the buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Hoping not to be a spoil sport - but this is a good way to pick up fungal infections so i'm out.

Nah!
    abrr1000 wrote: »
    Hoping not to be a spoil sport - but this is a good way to pick up fungal infections so i'm out.
    It's brand new nail polish so unless your postman has it you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Nah!

Totally understandable but once a budget is set I'll be purchasing all the polishes brand new. Guidelines still have to be set so have a look back soon when they're up.

It's great to get some feedback like this so we can take it into account. I'mm pretty sure everyone is purchasing new stuff though.

• Advertisement

Nah!

I have no intention of swapping ones I've used because I pretty much like all the ones I own. I was going into this thinking new ones would be purchased.

Nah!
    Really great to see some interest, I'm excited now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Theres a nail polish forum?!

*excited*

Nah!
    amdublin wrote: »
    Theres a nail polish forum?!

*excited*

Oops it's meant to say thread :o I'd love a forum though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Nah!
    Any update Twee?

Really hope it's allow, so excited about it :D

Apologies, I am very busy with finals, thesis and all that lark. Will be back to you soon!

Nah!
    Twee. wrote: »
    Apologies, I am very busy with finals, thesis and all that lark. Will be back to you soon!

That's ok Twee, we forgive you because we love you and your kind heart :D

pssst everyone keep sucking up to her and she'll let us do the swap mwahaha :pac:

Nah!
    I guess finals are still on, no rush but just didn't want this potential swap to be forgotten! So bringing it back to page 1! Hope it is approved because I've got an itch to buy some polish! :P

Nah!
    24 people :) That's great!

Ok, this is the result of Mod and Admin discussion:

The best solution is to set up a Social Group: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=create It can be public or invite only. It's like a little private forum. A thread can be stickied with the details and rules of the social group. I would recommend invite only, maybe to users over a certain number of posts, say 100+, to avoid having people who don't regularly use the site. This can lead to failed/disappointing swaps.

The main reason for the Social Group is to relieve the mods/Boards of any liability. I know there may not be any problems, but so many issues can come from a situation like this and we, nor Boards, are responsible. Incidents such as broken products, no product received, people being unhappy with swaps (high/low value exchanged), users just going off the radar etc. It could be a lot of extra work for us to moderate if something went wrong, or become a headache trying to sort out.

A Social Group will allow the users who wish to participate make the rules, and Boards is just the discussion host.

How do people feel about this? If someone wants to create the group they can go ahead, you can discuss the generation of rules/charter within the Social Group. I can also create it if you want, but as I said before am very busy, and will be for the next two weeks, so wouldn't be able to properly manage requests to join if it's an invite only group.

• Advertisement

Nah!
    That's great news Twee, I agree on it being private for now at least so we could see who is really going to be active with it, I could set up the Social Group if everyone is happy and wouldn't mind keeping check on it either.

I think people who regularly post in the Nailpolish forum should get an invite to join as well as people who are generally active on the Beauty forum itself, I wouldn't mind sending out the invites either as well as letting people have access.

I think it would be best if you wrote the Charter for the Social group etc. I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks and having a nice solid charter.

Nah!
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    That's great news Twee, I agree on it being private for now at least so we could see who is really going to be active with it, I could set up the Social Group if everyone is happy and wouldn't mind keeping check on it either.

I think people who regularly post in the Nailpolish forum should get an invite to join as well as people who are generally active on the Beauty forum itself, I wouldn't mind sending out the invites either as well as letting people have access.

I think it would be best if you wrote the Charter for the Social group etc. I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks and having a nice solid charter.
    I agree with this.

Also, just another idea, but when appointing someone to manage the group etc, it might be better to have say two people managing it? So that one person isn't doing all the work and if they were away on holidays, in hospital, had no net access for a bit etc, that there would be another person there to manage the group until the other person came back.

Nah!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=319

Here is the group, The Lovely Muffin would you like to manage it with me?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Nah!

I would like to join please.

Nah!

I would love to help you manage the group hun :D

Have PM'd you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

As it's a social group it would be separate from F&A/Beauty so it would be up to the people in charge of the social group to come up with their own rules/charter.

I think the only management will be in looking after the requests. It's better just to be a facilitator, you don't want people coming to you if a swap goes wrong. All swaps should be solely between the two who have agreed the deal. Thanks for the invite, I'll start a topic for the rules.

I will lock this thread in a while after the initial discussion and create a sticky with the group info, and the thread will strictly be to request access, no off topic or chit chat, does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Nah!
    Perfect Twee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement