Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nationwide Burglaries

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ban Cash for Gold scammers.

They are a magnet for scumbags takings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Ban Cash for Gold scammers.

They are a magnet for scumbags takings.

Very true. The Garda I mentioned in my opening post mentioned the cooperation between cash for gold shops with criminals. The shops know they can rely on the criminals to bring in a steady flow of jewellery etc., and are more than willing to aid their criminal activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Motorways mean easy access to any part of the country and fresh areas to target,the East Coast has suffered a surge in burglaries and many are done by gangs travelling from Dublin.Incidentally any of those that were caught are travellers based in Dublin.

Here's what happened to one person: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78065428&postcount=22

Burglaries in Co.Wexford are up 22% and it's only a matter of time before one of these scumbags breaks into the wrong place and has a hole blasted in them-I for one will applaud the person that shoots them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Old trick.

I live in the south-east.

During the Boom a lot of Dub-Skang (DS) bought houses down our way.

They'd have any awld house in the smoke bought/inherited years ago.

All of a sudden, it was worth a mint!

They cottoned on quickly that they could sell their Gaffs for a fortune & buy a nice place in a nice area within a hour of the Capital.

Buy it for cash & have a small fortune in the bank.

A lot of these were DS. They don't really need the locals cos there's a certain amount of DS in most towns & villages across the south east.

They infest an area & contact some of their mates 'back home' about easy pickings in their new areas.

The mates come down & loot the area & give their pals a cut of the proceeds.

That's the way it works.
    Sometimes it's some local scummer alright, but always be suspicious of 'Darndale Families' moving into your area.

They're usually trouble.

Fantastic, one of the most illuminating poster's ever to grace us.

Everyone knows, of course, that all criminals come from Dublin and never has there been a criminal born outside Dublin , ever.

Sir ,I tip my hat to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Very true. The Garda I mentioned in my opening post mentioned the cooperation between cash for gold shops with criminals. The shops know they can rely on the criminals to bring in a steady flow of jewellery etc., and are more than willing to aid their criminal activities.

It dose seem quite ironic that the authorities can shut down head shops and then condone the opening of these places almost immediately after.Both had two things in common, ie get rich quick while the sun shines.

It wouldnt surprise me if the same indiviuals were behind each.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Did anyone else read this as Nationwide Bulgarians
    I thought it was Fingleton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,887 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

zerks wrote: »
    done by gangs travelling from Dublin.Incidentally any of those that were caught are travellers based in Dublin.

Here's what happened to one person: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78065428&postcount=22

No mention of anyone from Dublin carrying out any of these burglaries. Who told you the ones caught were travelers from Dublin? Sounds like someones having you on to be honest. Most buglaries are carried out by your own home grown scum. ;) They know the habits, weak spots and vulnerabilities of their victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

John_Rambo wrote: »
    No. Pure pub talk, you were fed bullsyte. Dublin gangs are not interested in flatscreen TV's, stoves or horseboxes. They are interested in guns, big money and laundering.

I'd bet your elderly neighbour was burgled by a local that knew he was at mass.

They have to look their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No mention of anyone from Dublin carrying out any of these burglaries. Who told you the ones caught were travelers from Dublin? Sounds like someones having you on to be honest. Most buglaries are carried out by your own home grown scum. ;) They know the habits, weak spots and vulnerabilities of their victims.

I said the ones who were caught,it's easy to know who they are when the local papers print their names & addresses after the court cases.
    Not all the burglaries around here are done by outsiders,a few of the locals are very adept at it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

My friend lives in balbrigan and the area is being burgled most day's they had to set up community patrole's to go around the estate's because the gardi wont do a thing about it :rolleyes: she just had a baby and they tried to break into her house, the guy was apparently just hanging around outside her and the neighbours house for over a week watching them and the gardi wouldnt even come down and do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,887 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

zerks wrote: »
    I said the ones who were caught,it's easy to know who they are when the local papers print their names & addresses after the court cases

Can you name them and give their addresses please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

I know it's attractive to blame outsiders or people that moved in recently (blowins) but, it's usually a local.
    washman3 wrote: »
    Rubbish.!!
    washman3 wrote: »
    Everyone knows the local link but it cant be proven as he was conveniently "out of town" at the time.

Contradicting yourself there washman3.

You said its rubbish to assume its usually a local, then you said there was a local involvement in the example you gave.

Which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

LostCovey wrote: »
    Contradicting yourself there washman3.

You said its rubbish to assume its usually a local, then you said there was a local involvement in the example you gave.

Which is it?
    Read all the posts in the thread man before you jump to conclusions.

Advertisement