Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth - Mantra - is it over 21's on Sat night?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

or at any stage? Heard it might be. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

even if it was it will still be flooded with 16 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

No not unless it's a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Heya,

It is illegal to stipulate any age other than 18 due to the law of alchohal consumption being 18.

They can however refuse you entry due to your dress or if your drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Karlitto wrote: »
    Heya,

It is illegal to stipulate any age other than 18 due to the law of alchohal consumption being 18.

They can however refuse you entry due to your dress or if your drunk.

I have no basis for this other than common sense, but I'm pretty sure that can't be right! They can surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Not at all.

Just one or two of the bouncers are knobs. Missed part of an 18th cos of one of them ! Refusing me for no reason !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

mystic86 wrote: »
    I have no basis for this other than common sense, but I'm pretty sure that can't be right! They can surely?

A venue can set any age it wants but if it even lets one person in under the age they've specified they're looking at problems if they try to refuse anyone else that's >18.

I've found over time that the more entry rules a place has, the worse the clientele. A "over 21s, no runners, no jeans" nightclub is going to be full of absolute degenerates in Dunnes shoes they wear for that one night and Fred Perry jumpers... and have the worst fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

mystic86 wrote: »
    or at any stage? Heard it might be. Cheers.
    I used to be a door man. I know we are not viewed as the most intelligent people. But im 100% sure. Check out the case years ago where it was 18's for beer in a specific pub and 21 for spirits. The place was sued to the high heavens.

At the end of the day, its discrimination.

The only way they can refuse you is if you are drunk, under 18, in appropriate dress (open to interpretation) and "members only"

Advertisement