Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Vermont for a year, any advice?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm moving to Vermont soon and I would like any advice from people who've been there or know the area re shopping, nightlife, transport, where to rent etc. Anything really! I'll be working as a waitress so I won't have too much spare cash. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

I'm assuming you will be in Burlington? Hopefully anyway, as otherwise you will def need a car. It's a lovely area, very cold in winter so lots of skiing.....except this year :mad: very warm in summer, well basically you will actually have 4 proper seasons :). There's some shopping there, but it's a pretty small city center....very pretty though. I've been a few times and have always found it expensive. I have a car so don't know much about the public transport....I assume they have a bus system though. Uvm is there so check the college boards for accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I spent a small bit of time in Burlington on a visit. It's a nice place but it's small and it is very quiet. Burlington is right on Lake Champlain so I'd say it's nice in the summer. There is a shopping centre on Church Street in the centre of town, there's a Macy's, American Eagle, Gap etc. Lots of other shops on Church street too. There is a local bus system system in Burlington as well. I had to get a local bus to Burlington airport. From what I remember the bus station was a kiosk just off Church Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

edith may wrote: »
    I'm moving to Vermont soon and I would like any advice from people who've been there or know the area re shopping, nightlife, transport, where to rent etc. Anything really! I'll be working as a waitress so I won't have too much spare cash. Thanks in advance :)

Well Vermont is almost the size of Ireland. If you are more specific for the area I may be able to help. I live in NH within 20 min of south east vermont.

Advertisement