Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Mc Savage - the savage eye very very funny

• 13-04-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

He makes me laugh alot. He is very very funny. He is spot on has it down to a t. Why isn't there hardy any comedians in Ireland funny like him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Don't like him. Sorry Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Ah Ja.. hay... sus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

The only decent programme on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

The Barman is easily the best character in the programme QWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Savage Eye is quite funny but he just doesnt come across as funny in interviews for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

He makes me laugh alot. He is very very funny. He is spot on has it down to a t. Why isn't there hardy any comedians in Ireland funny like him?

I love im 2 - cracks me up. When's he on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Barman is definitely the best..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

I think he's a bit disturbed to be honest,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He is spot on has it down to a t.

Has what down to a T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

The Savage Eye is quite funny but he just doesnt come across as funny in interviews for some reason.

Well I wouldn't expect comedians like them to be funny in interviews because they are a act at mimicking and exaggerating people and things. David walliams and matt lucas is quite serious in interviews too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Childsnatching Priests is probably one of the funniest intros to a scene ever!

Has what down to a T?

Mimicking people and things like the way they go on.

Well I wouldn't expect comedians like them to be funny in interviews because they are a act at mimicking and exaggerating people and things. David walliams and matt lucas is quite serious in interviews too.

Yeah but he tries to be funny in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Bit of a Marmite show.
    I like, but the masses hate it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP could be McSavage.

Where is Degsy when you need him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

A fan thread for David McSavage?!

I'm getting the popcorn out for Degsys arrival.

OP could be McSavage.

Where is Degsy when you need him?
    A fan thread for David McSavage?!

I'm getting the popcorn out for Degsys arrival.

Permabanned from AH.

McSavage is safe. For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nowaydaveyK

Its fairly on the ball with Irish society, as far as comedy goes anyway. class episode two about the civil service and politicians....Thick and clever in equal measure.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

He is very talented OP.
    This country is in bad need of some decent satire. He is not of the edge of the satire badly needed. Hopefully that will come with time.

Savage Eye only scratches the surface, but still he is improving, he has an incredible talent for mimicry and it is such a relief to see there is something still on the national airwaves that is prepared to take the pish out if its own.

The president for life thing is beginning to bore me, but the bog fiend of the ancient Hector was feckin priceless, mick the bull, in small doses mind you, is a classic, the norn irish sit com stuff does not work, but the song/sketch stuff like for the consultants/ amadeus and civil service workers/ fillin' in a form stuff are absolute gold.

I did not like Savage's abuse of random passersbys on the street during the years I saw him busking in Temple Bar, but have to say he does a mean transformation from obnoxious money maker Baggot Street sandwich buyer to greasy tracksuit underclass.

Still reckon he has a touch of misogyny about him. What is his problem with Irish women called Emer?, and is that a whiff of his drinking problem that he projects onto Irish women?

Nonetheless, he has a talent and a gift. Good for him.

• Advertisement

Dylan Moran is very very funny too. I think a good lot of Irish people don't find mimicking kind of comedy funny that's why they don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I wouldn't be a fan of his comedy at all. Dont like any of his 'stand up' (aka busking) stuff. Didn't like the last series of Savage Eye either....

But he seems to be doing a lot better with this series. Funny stuff! Seems to have gotten it right this time round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

isnt he a dick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

McSavage either is a real life oddball, or he does a masterful impression of one in interviews. I think the fact that he isnt the quintessential lovable Irish rogue (aka Tommy Tiernan) means the masses just dont take to him. He seems aloof and up his own arse. But the Savage eye is very funny. I actually Lol'd at something in it last week while sitting alone in my front room. And I know when I LOL at something, it is fúcking gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm not a fan of him as a standup, but The Savage Eye is hands down the best thing RTE have made in YEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find it very hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Whats the story with the buck in the bird cage?

Agricola wrote: »
    McSavage either is a real life oddball, or he does a masterful impression of one in interviews. I think the fact that he isnt the quintessential lovable Irish rogue (aka Tommy Tiernan) means the masses just dont take to him. He seems aloof and up his own arse. But the Savage eye is very funny. I actually Lol'd at something in it last week while sitting alone in my front room. And I know when I LOL at something, it is fúcking gold.

I never saw david mc savage in interviews. what way does he go on that make you think he is odd?

• Advertisement

Usen't be a big fan of him (partially as a result of the negative opinons of the masses here) but I have to say, this is Irish politics summed up beautifully in 14 seconds:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The Savage Eye is genuinely the best comedy output from RTE in my lifetime. Biting satire has been sorely missed from the schedules so you can say he has filled a gap.

The people dismissing it have a pre disposed hatred of McSavage so I tend to discount their opinions. Any rational analysis would conclude that this show is a cut above the rest.

Well done McSavage and thanks for the genuine lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rud wrote: »
    The Barman is easily the best character in the programme QWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Are ya ****en jokin' me?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I never saw david mc savage in interviews. what way does he go on that make you think he is odd?

The latest comes to mind - http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1142003

25 mins onward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Funny how?

What's funny about it?

I mean, funny like a clown, he amuses you?

Funny how?

What's funny about it?

I mean, funny like a clown, he amuses you?

'The Irish, they have the homeland'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

That Joe Duffy thing is old, it was old on boards never mind when people started doing it on tv and radio.

Aidric wrote: »
    The Savage Eye is genuinely the best comedy output from RTE in my lifetime. Biting satire has been sorely missed from the schedules so you can say he has filled a gap.

The people dismissing it have a pre disposed hatred of McSavage so I tend to discount their opinions. Any rational analysis would conclude that this show is a cut above the rest.

I agree. Although I reckon the state of Irish satire is seriously muzzled, there are some hard hitting questions that would make most people really hate Savage Eye if they were to even to approach the outskirts of those things...nonetheless, at least Savage Eye gets the stating out of the absolute feckin obvious outta the way....

Badhb wrote: »
    I agree. Although I reckon the state of Irish satire is seriously muzzled, there are some hard hitting questions that would make most people really hate Savage Eye if they were to even to approach the outskirts of those things...nonetheless, at least Savage Eye gets the stating out of the absolute feckin obvious outta the way....

When you think about how this country has been through the mire these last few years, there is ample opportunity for satire. What a shame it hasn't been embraced in the way it should.

Well Savage eye is very funny seems that a good lot of people arn't all that rational to see as funny which it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gotta love the Irish. Funniest people on earth, yet we hate most of our own comedians. Thankfully, we seem to have found one that at least 50% of the population doesn't think is a feckin' eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nowaydaveyK

Best comedy rte have put together anyway. Its no father ted but they missed the boat on that one. Lovin the new series, let any Nae Sayers change the channel.

When you think about how this country has been through the mire these last few years, there is ample opportunity for satire. What a shame it hasn't been embraced in the way it should.

not really. there seems to be some kind of state of shame existing. Look at the language regarding our political figures and how they represent their country abroad. There seems to be this kind of insinstence of assuming a a bold adolescent child image and fear of what the neighbours, like the germans and other eu imf characters might think of us?

Every radio show I listen to is full of folk moaning how we are not representing ourselves abroad. It is as bad as McSavage going on about Emers.

It seems we have to pretend to be bold,confident, full of piss, ready to conquer the world with our our newly acquired entrepeneurial skills.... ffs who on earth can do this other than a luckily born born member of the class who are comfortable enough to chose these things?

Enough hints?? Huh. My thanks would be the ceasing of the crap Emer sterotyping ok contacts boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Hilarious show

He was very good on the Brendan O'Connor show aswel imo

Gotta love the Irish. Funniest people on earth, yet we hate most of our own comedians. Thankfully, we seem to have found one that at least 50% of the population doesn't think is a feckin' eejit.

Irish people are funny? I know a good few people from northern Ireland who are very funny and witty and the odd one down here. I find northern Irish people very witty from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I saw him do his stand up-thing on grafton street way back, was atrocious

Savage eye-Surprisingly good

Agricola wrote: »
    The latest comes to mind - http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1142003

25 mins onward.

That is how he is, he is eccentric. It maybe an act for tv so people will watch him because they cannot predict what he is going to be talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,309 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mick ''The Bull'' Daly is an absolute legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Has the mac come full circle? surely not?

people find him funny again.........hmmmmm........

tell you what, he is still one of the most unpleasant people I have ever had to endure on a personal level! some parts of that show are alright I guess

kryogen wrote: »
    tell you what, he is still one of the most unpleasant people I have ever had to endure on a personal level!

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,309 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Whats the story with the buck in the bird cage?
    He's Nick Robinson husband of President For Life Mary Robinson. Dave's view of Nick who's always in the background and never says anything hence the cage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement