Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Mc Savage - the savage eye very very funny

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

gammygils wrote: »
    He's Nick Robinson husband of President For Life Mary Robinson. Dave's view of Nick who's always in the background and never says anything hence the cage

It's pretty tragic when you have to explain the jokes to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Aidric wrote: »
    How?

There used to be a voicemail message floating around allegedly of him bitching and moaning because this club-owner wouldn't book him for any more gigs. Fairly vicious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

hes fcuking fantastic.
    first time ive laughed at anything on RTE in years, apart from RTE itself .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

There used to be a voicemail message floating around allegedly of him bitching and moaning because this club-owner wouldn't book him for any more gigs. Fairly vicious stuff.

That is really pathetic Marleigh Noisy Significant, as much I am up for an auld exposé of a mean celeb who hides behind big toothy hollywood smiles that is just deliberately unsubstantiated rubbish, vicious stuf indeed, in your own words, knowing damn well that you need some proof of the actuality behind it.

Badhb wrote: »
    That is really pathetic Frada, as much I am up for an auld exposé of a mean celeb who hides behind big toothy hollywood smiles that is just deliberately unsubstantstiatecd rubbish, vicious stuf indeed, in your own words, knowing damn well that you need some proof of the actuality behind it.

Allegedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Quite frankly I couldn't give two fúcks about what he did before this. I am just going to judge this show on its merits and it stacks up quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

Well... are comedians suppose to a moral pillar of humanity? Alot of club owners would sell their own granny for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't see too much wrong with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Frada, from my observances of mcsavage on the street- they will always stay with me. He would be someobody I would be very reluctant to include into my circle of friends.

Nonetheless, whatever of a misogynist, príck he is or has been, the man has talent. And his television shows are a damn sight better than some kind of jokey isnt it grate to be oirish shyte than is the usual fare.

I suspect he is only developing. I hope he gets bolder.

• Advertisement

Well... are comedians suppose to a moral pillar of humanity? Alot of club owners would sell their own granny for money.

No, not at all. I was just answering a question as to how he could be considered an (allegedly) unpleasant person personally and substantiating my earlier "unsubstantiated" claims. I couldn't give a bollocks what he's like, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

The show has some top sketches mixed with some complete ****e. The man himself doesn't come across as a funny person, and seems like a knob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ongoing discussion here,OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement