Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Cock Up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Tow

sandin wrote: »
    And even if the guy got in to disconnect he would have had to check the meter number - as this would not have tallyed, a disconnection probably would not have taken place. Same prodecure if it was outside.

That is an assumption!. In my uncles case the mistake was made back in the ESB's head office. He was lucky that he was able to dig up bills showing he had always paid while the ESB's computer system showed otherwise. It is not the sort of mistake the EBS should be doing with people in the 80s.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

rebeve wrote: »
    So who pays for my petrol up and down from Dublin .
    No-one. It wasn't disconnected, so there's no reason why you should go anywhere. Just ring them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Was away in Dublin for a few days .My daughter rings me this evening to say
    the ESB were out to disconnect my supply for non payment .The account number they were trying to disconnect was not mine .The idiot was at the wrong house.I now have to hang around to sort this out .So who pays for my petrol up and down from Dublin .

You do who ealse is going to?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So, ESB Networks called to the door and said that power would be disconnected (apparently), you were called by your daughter about this and your response was to drive from Cork to Dublin.

This makes no sense and I honestly can't believe anybody could be foolish enough to do this, especially when a phone call would sort or confirm a situation in around 5min.

Should we expect another thread from you in a few weeks if your eircom bill is wrong and you take it upon yourself to drive to Eircom HQ to sort it out.

Its your job to pay for petrol if you don't have the cop on to act rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You drove all the way to Dublin because the power might be cut off? Even though there was an adult there to deal with this already? Why couldn't you phone them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tow wrote: »
    That is an assumption!. In my uncles case the mistake was made back in the ESB's head office. He was lucky that he was able to dig up bills showing he had always paid while the ESB's computer system showed otherwise. It is not the sort of mistake the EBS should be doing with people in the 80s.

That is a completely different scenario; monies paid were obviously not recorded correctly. The OPs case is a wrong address.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

the_syco wrote: »
    No-one. It wasn't disconnected, so there's no reason why you should go anywhere. Just ring them.
    I have tried to contact them on the number supplied for 3 days no answer ,and no call back .

Cabaal wrote: »
    So, ESB Networks called to the door and said that power would be disconnected (apparently), you were called by your daughter about this and your response was to drive from Cork to Dublin.

This makes no sense and I honestly can't believe anybody could be foolish enough to do this, especially when a phone call would sort or confirm a situation in around 5min.

Should we expect another thread from you in a few weeks if your eircom bill is wrong and you take it upon yourself to drive to Eircom HQ to sort it out.

Its your job to pay for petrol if you don't have the cop on to act rationally.
    Well maybe if they returned my calls I could have .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you're ringing up and leaving messages demanding petrol money, it's no wonder you're not getting a call back!

"Online billing" is a strange reason not to show the ESB guy your bill. If there was only a way to display information stored in computer to the human eye!

I have tried to contact them on the number supplied for 3 days no answer ,and no call back .

1850 372 757 is their contact centre and they answer within a minute usually. :rolleyes:

Your history here suggests you are based in Cork rather than Dublin. What age is this daughter stranded in Dublin?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

If you have access to online billing, could you not have looked up your account number online, impart this information to said daughter and be done with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

1850 372 757 is their contact centre and they answer within a minute usually. :rolleyes:

Your history here suggests you are based in Cork rather than Dublin. What age is this daughter stranded in Dublin?? :confused:

No i think he or she is based in cork but was in Dublin???

Did the daughter see a note from esb and rather than ringing the esb the op came back from dublin??
    Why would the esb pay for that petrol?
    - op's choice to drive back
    - presumably theydve been coming back at some point anyway??

And also! The leccie was never even disconnected!!!!!!!

Thanks, I got confused there. Senior moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Was away in Dublin for a few days .My daughter rings me this evening to say
    the ESB were out to disconnect my supply for non payment .The account number they were trying to disconnect was not mine .The idiot was at the wrong house.I now have to hang around to sort this out .So who pays for my petrol up and down from Dublin .

I think your daughter should be liable to pay for your petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - that's enough really. Keep it sensible.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Tow

That is a completely different scenario; monies paid were obviously not recorded correctly. The OPs case is a wrong address.

previous money paid was correctly recorded on his bills etc. The problem seemed to be the billing system lost the records.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Thanks for all the help ,sorted now .

Advertisement