Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accepted job offer but now I must pass a credit check

• 14-04-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So a few weeks ago I was formally offered a job on a finance team pending my references. They checked out fine, I was sent my contract and am due to start the role before the end of the month.

The company emailed me this week and asked me to throw away the contract as they had drawn up a new one. They said they had forgotten to include the fact that they needed to perform a credit check and that a new contract would be issued to include this. And of course I need to give my signature to allow this credit check to take place.

They said as I would be working with customer bank details they needed to insure that I had a good credit rating.

I thought only members of the ICB could check individual credit ratings? This company is not listed as a member.

Also they offered me the job, I accepted. Can they take this offer back now?

I know I have a bad credit rating from about 4 years ago so I am concerned about this.

I have not signed any contract yet. I have an email formally offering me the position based on the condition that my previous employer references checked out, which they did. I was then officially offered the position and I accepted the offer. A few weeks after I formally accepted the offer they changed the conditions, is this legal?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

The charter precludes advices - sorry about that.

Is a credit check a massive issue for you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement