Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Makoto Shinkai's new movie....WITH MAKOTO SHINKAI....IN IRELAND!

• 14-04-2012 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

While some of you living in England might already have been lucky enough to catch one of the UK screenings of lauded director Makoto Shinkai's latest film, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, this July will give Irish anime fans a chance to see the film, introduced by the director himself no less!

As part of a video message posted on the Kaze UK Facebook page, Shinkai states that he will be in Dublin on July 2nd (at an as-yet unspecified location) to present the Irish premiere of the film, before moving on to further dates at Japan Expo in Paris before reaching Hanover, Germany on July the 9th.

The message also states that the film is slated for a UK release on DVD and Blu-Ray in the fourth quarter of 2012 - we reviewed the film ourselves right here. We'll be sure to give you more details of that Dublin event as we hear it!

Source: http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Makoto_Shinkai_to_present_Children_Who_Chase_Lost_Voices_Irish_premiere_on_July_2nd.html

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. For those of you who don't know, Shinkai directed Voices from a Distant Star, The Place Promised in our Early Days and the amazing 5 Centimeters Per Second. I will most certainly be there . Who else is going? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hah literally just watched the film on DVD the other night. It's pretty great though so will indulge in the opportunity to meet the man himself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I must go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I must watch the films and see about going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm gonna be in Australia for this.

Super sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Just saw this thread. Thanks for the alert OP. Must keep an eye out for details. I got this on holidays on BD. Great show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Damn! Where can I get tickets? I have been watching this closely but every source says the location is as yet to be decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I'm willing to bet it'll be the IFI, considering they've shown 5cm Per Second there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blainelee

I want to watch it,where can I get tickets?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

They have yet to announce where it will be, keep checking back and no doubt someone will post once it is revealed :)

Hey folks, any news or info on this? Have checked the IFI website and haven't seen anything. Will continue to look around for info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I wouldn't worry too much, it's a while away yet!

No word of a venue yet, but they say on the Kaze facebook page in the comments for the video that it'll be announced next week.

"Venue + ticket info next week - we'll post up asap :)."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100195043358951

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I was talking to Yamauchi the Cultural Officer of the Japanese Embassy and he said it was definitely going ahead and to spread the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kaze updated their Facebook earlier to state that the screening is taking place in the Lighthouse and that tickets will go on sale during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Grrr, was gonna bring my sister to this, but looks like I'll be going to Lanzarote on the 1st :(

First world problems...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just as my credit card maxes out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Bought! Also I had no idea he used to work for Falcom.

Yeah just found that out t'other day too.

Ys nerd out!

Bought! Kind of glad I haven't had the chance to see the movie yet, it's nice to get to see it on a big screen.

• Advertisement

Wonder if he'll autograph anything.... And if he does would it be bad form to ask him to autograph my Japanese Blu-Ray copy since it's not out here yet?

If anyone is interested, when I got the movie it came with three postcards if anyone wants one for him to autograph if he is....... PM me

I'd imagine there'll be a signing afterwards... I want my DVD of Children... and my Voices / Place Promised double packed signed, like the nerd I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I am really excited for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Booked, phew.

Should be playing in screen 1 though, screen 3 doesn't hold so many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I want to see this. Its been too long since I experienced the anime community. Hope I'm not in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Booked! Should be a good evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Booked a ticket. I hadn't heard of the film so it's a nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hope you have your tickets booked if your going on Monaday as the screening is now sold out.

Kaze UK have said on their facebook that they are now trying to organise a second screening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ah feck, just as I was getting the money online to be able to buy them :(

• Advertisement

Second screening the following Monday, although minus Shinkai.

Advertisement