Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

localhost to live site

Options
  • 14-04-2012 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Iv done a site with wordpress but cant get it form localhost to the live domain

its the tables i export and when i import i get this message

Error

SQL query:
    --
    -- Database: `digital`
    --
    --
    --
    -- Table structure for table `wp_commentmeta`
    --
    IF NOT EXISTS `wp_commentmeta` (
    `meta_id` NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `comment_id` [URL[/URL]( 20 ) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    `meta_key` varchar( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
    `meta_value` longtext,
    PRIMARY KEY ( `meta_id` ) ,
    KEY `comment_id` ( `comment_id` ) ,
    KEY `meta_key` ( `meta_key` )
    ) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

MySQL said: b_help.png
    #1046 - No database selected

what would be wrong here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

pjwhite99 wrote: »
    what would be wrong here?
    The remote server may be trying to import the dump without a database being selected. If at command line, the problem would look like this:

mysql -uUSER -pPASSWORD -hHOST <site.dump.sql

What it should look like is this:

mysql digital -uUSER -pPASSWORD -hHOST <site.dump.sql

USER, PASSWORD, HOST are all just examples.

If it is using phpAdmin or some control panel import then perhaps some others here could help.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

pjwhite99 wrote: »
    #1046 - No database selected
    If you are using phpMyAdmin you have to select a database before doing the import.

If you are using mysql command line you need to specify the database name on the command line.

Not related to the issue you're seeing, but you may have problems with this when you get the original problem sorted.

You'll need to replace localhost with mydomain.com in the database content - there'll be a lot of records to change. There's also the possibility that some of those 'localhost' entries will be serialised, so sql updates or search/replace on the raw sql file will not find them.

There's an interesting web tool here (chrome only) that seems to do the whole job:
    http://petesaia.com/work/peach/

You'll need to replace localhost with mydomain.com in the database content - there'll be a lot of records to change. There's also the possibility that some of those 'localhost' entries will be serialised, so sql updates or search/replace on the raw sql file will not find them.
    Very good point, especially about the serialised entries.

When I make such moves (local to live) I open the exported .sql file and search for 'localhost' (or the test domain name) and replace with the live domain. If the entry is serialised you have to adjust the listed string length. There is a WordPress plugin that makes such changes but the name escapes me at the moment (it is not an obvious name unfortunately).

daymobrew wrote: »
    There is a WordPress plugin that makes such changes but the name escapes me at the moment (it is not an obvious name unfortunately).
    It is called Velvet Blues Update URLs

• Advertisement
Advertisement