Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Organized Treasure Hunt

• 14-04-2012 5:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by a thread I just read. Someone hides 1 million euro in some county in Ireland, and post clues to where it is, with the first person to find it, getting to keep it. Basically, a rat race. People would be selected by buying a ticket, with 100 places available. It can then be recorded for our entertainment, everyone benefits.

Anyone interested in starting a real rat race, anybody got a big wallet? Would you buy in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Inspired by a thread I just read. Someone hides 1 million euro in some county in Ireland, and post clues to where it is, with the first person to find it, getting to keep it. Basically, a rat race. People would be selected by buying a ticket, with 100 places available. It can then be recorded for our entertainment, everyone benefits.

Anyone interested in starting a real rat race, anybody got a big wallet? Would you buy in?

Only if the participants can kill each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Rat Race was one of the worst films ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Sounds great ,like that Aneka Rice show only with machetes.Treasure something I think it was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

phasers wrote: »
    Rat Race was one of the worst films ever made.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! :mad:

Only joking. It was utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Sounds like a movie for Burt Reynolds...

Oh hang on, didn't he do about 20 of a similar nature?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Hunger games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hunger games.
    Battle Royale with cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

And tickets would cost €10,000 each just to break even?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sounds great ,like that Aneka Rice show only with machetes.Treasure something I think it was called.

That's right Treasure Hunt. Aww I'm after getting all nostalgic thinking about that.:( I used to watch it every Saturday morning as a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭token56

Sofaspud wrote: »
    And tickets would cost €10,000 each just to break even?

Switch it to 10,000 people with 100 euro a ticket. Could be mass hysteria among those participating but it would be fun to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! :mad:
    the original was better though

www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/ It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Spencer Tracy
    Mickey Rooney
    Phil Silvers
    Terry-Thomas
    Peter Falk
    Buster Keaton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

yeah, original was fab.

i'm sure the japs or someone has done this already.

i'd be in to it, if it was tubbs and a few others (haaaaecthorrr) and only one could survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

on a slightly more serious note

i reckon it would be a huge hit. 10 teams of five. complex clues. wet t-shirts like the krypton factor. but it'd have to be live - 24 hours tv.... yeah. i'd watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

They used to have these showing on tg4 (without the huge prizes etc) personally speaking in my opinion, they're good fun and shouldnt be as dangerously competitive as it would get if one mill was involved.. Would prefer it was just lotteried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tony Hawk has hidden skateboards all over th world. T he search starts today. Get lookin bitches.

info on #thth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes, I don't see any problems with that!
    token56 wrote: »
    Switch it to 10,000 people with 100 euro a ticket. Could be mass hysteria among those participating but it would be fun to watch.

Mass hysteria already exists, we'll just bring it to a fever pitch!
    ArtSmart wrote: »
    on a slightly more serious note

i reckon it would be a huge hit. 10 teams of five. complex clues. wet t-shirts like the krypton factor. but it'd have to be live - 24 hours tv.... yeah. i'd watch.

Sounds good,thank you, yeah 24hrs,it'll be a new era of reality tv series. You can be part of the creative team, we'll be rich!!!

And there would be a celebrity tv series as well, which I think will go down a treat, because added to greedy wanna famous whores chasing for money, the element of killing each other will dramatically reduce the sheer level of talentless pool of people that currently can be seen to reside on our tv screens.
    Imagine a celebrity special which included the likes of Geordie Shore, etc. and them killing each other one by one... it';lll be box office gold
    We could have an RTE version as well, they'll need the money after taking a pay-cut. It would be paradise.

Advertisement