Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Offer Conditional on Credit Rating

Options
  • 14-04-2012 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So I have to sign a document which allows my (hopefully) new employer to run a credit check on me.

I thought only members of the ICB could run credit checks with them? The company is not a member I checked.

I know I will have a bad rating as I had some trouble a few years ago.

Does anyone have experience of this? What is the procedure? Is it invasive? This is personal information which I would prefer not to share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've never heard of someone asking for that. Was there any explanation for why they wanted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I worked in banking for a while and signed some form for it. I think its just if you will have a job where you have access to cash. I never heard anything back about it though but I had no loans so I don't really know how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I expect more companies will do this - and it's prudent for certain roles. If you've signed permission then they will probably have access to it.

Send off for the information yourself straight away and see what it says. Have your reasons for any concerns. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nocheerleader

Nevore wrote: »
    I've never heard of someone asking for that. Was there any explanation for why they wanted it?

I'll be working with customers bank details so I presume this is why.

I know 100% that I have a bad rating from a few years ago when I had no job and struggled to make repayments.

This doesn't make me want to steal other peoples money though. Although I know companies have to take precautions againsts certain risks.

I was offered the job, accepted the position, returned the signed contracts, ready to start at the end of this month. Given my notice in my old job and finished up with them. However now my new employer claims they over looked the credit check in error during my application so now I must complete it.

Advertisement