Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer technician work experience Clare/ Galway

Options
  • 14-04-2012 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I am looking for work experience in the Clare,Galway area.know of any place? Looking into pursuing a career and like to see it technician in operation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

May get better responses asking in Region Forums methinks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I suppose asking in your local computer repair shops may be an idea, have you thought on doing a course like CompTia A+?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A+ is even used stateside its a widely accepted certification. Look into it.

You can also write any personal experience on your CV depending on your CV format (Do functional not Chronological etc). Eg. the first PC I personally bought was an old AMD 64 that was slapped together by some PC repair shop sold at markup that had a myriad of problems, blue screens, etc. so I picked up a lot of knowledge just working with the awl' piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I have the A+ and N+ and any jobs or experience iv applied for all want Microsoft or Cisco certifications. But thats in waterford so best of luck in clare/galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

yoyo wrote: »
    I suppose asking in your local computer repair shops may be an idea, have you thought on doing a course like CompTia A+?

Nick

i am looking into that compTia course but its all video not classed based,i am ols skool da way.

• Advertisement

Do they not do the blended learning where you meet once a week in the class? thats how it was run when i did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

They have computers now in Clare? :eek:

Hijpo wrote: »
    Do they not do the blended learning where you meet once a week in the class? thats how it was run when i did it.

Where is this course and how did you find it?

Sonye wrote: »

Where is this course and how did you find it?

I did it through fas

I did it through fas
    which fas centre?

• Advertisement

the one in waterford, it seems its not run in galway or clare, hmmm.

The CCNA is good for network techs and thats blended in galways city.
    A+ study guides in conjunction with videos from http://www.professormesser.com/ is a pretty good base. i got he A+ book for about 30 quid on thebookdepository.com free delivery in ireland to.

the one in waterford, it seems its not run in galway or clare, hmmm.

The CCNA is good for network techs and thats blended in galways city.
    A+ study guides in conjunction with videos from http://www.professormesser.com/ is a pretty good base. i got he A+ book for about 30 quid on thebookdepository.com free delivery in ireland to.

thanks man,looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I have the A+ and N+ and any jobs or experience iv applied for all want Microsoft or Cisco certifications. But thats in waterford so best of luck in clare/galway.

For small to large company's a second level(desktop support) role will encompass a large amount of hardware, network, OS, Application, project and AD admin skills. Its not a good starter job for most people as they really don't have all the skills needed to begin with.

For small to large company's a second level(desktop support) role will encompass a large amount of hardware, network, OS, Application, project and AD admin skills. Its not a good starter job for most people as they really don't have all the skills needed to begin with.

Iv only applied for entry level tech positions and a workplacement program position and they all used the experience excuse or that my skillset arnt what they are looking for and advised me to go for microsoft and cisco courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Torqay wrote: »
    They have computers now in Clare? :eek:
    Celtic Tiger just reached them.
    Buy property in Claire quick!

Iv only applied for entry level tech positions and a workplacement program position and they all used the experience excuse or that my skillset arnt what they are looking for and advised me to go for microsoft and cisco courses.
    You could all your life training and never get a job.

Sonye wrote: »
    You could all your life training and never get a job.

Pretty much, i have a big interest in it though so i enjoy learning about it even if it does cost 120 quid for the fas course and then whatever else for the exam.

It's heartening and depressing,life eh!
    ;)

Advertisement