Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the vevay inn

• 14-04-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Did the because inn go on fire last night? Saw some pics on facebook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Just heard its true. Vevay nearly destroyed in fire last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pity it was a nice pub for food :(

edit: now with a picture http://t.co/BVUYfgn7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Damn, the only decent pub on that part of the road. Hope noone was injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very sad to see this - I know the family pretty well and they've always been very hard working people. Thankfully no one was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Preusse wrote: »
    Damn, the only decent pub on that part of the road. Hope noone was injured.

Yes, the other one on that road should be burnt down!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

was it a lightning strike that caused fire? heard that was the case? can any confirm/deny

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, the other one on that road should be burnt down!
    a bit harsh to be fair. not a fan of kelly's (can't remember it's new name it will also be kelly's to me :pac:).

I'd say they'll be doing some extra business due to this unfortunate event.

Wouldn't say so. It started before four and the lightning didn't start until nearly seven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I know I'm bringing up an old thread here but it looks like it's going to be sold off. It's such a shame I also saw this quite old article after seeing the for sale sign http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/vevay-inn-site-and-bar-licence-for-500-000-1.1530739

Sounds like it'll end up another Cois Farraige. I hope not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Thats up for sale as the article says for months and it does not look as if anyone is biting at all.

Is the other pub closed now too? Chrissy Ds? Heard it was going too.

foxy06 wrote: »
    Is the other pub closed now too? Chrissy Ds? Heard it was going too.

Was open as of tonight when I went by.

Was open as of tonight when I went by.

Probably just a rumour. Did hear from good source though that it was going which would be a shame for that area with kennedys gone too and not looking like it will ever return to being a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thebrick

Rumour is the duggans are buying Chrissy D's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

thebrick wrote: »
    Rumour is the duggans are buying Chrissy D's.

Doubt it to be honest. They've just shed loads of money changing Katie Gallghers, buying the harbour bar and doing that up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Doubt it to be honest. They've just shed loads of money changing Katie Gallghers, buying the harbour bar and doing that up.

Yeah, both plausible and yet implausible at the same time. I'll keep my ear to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Calibos wrote: »
    Yeah, both plausible and yet implausible at the same time. I'll keep my ear to the ground.

The rumours they had bought the vevay turned out to completely untrue so I really won't believe this until it happens. I'm waiting for the rumours that they are buying the Olde Bray and that they are buying the florentine centre.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement