Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business

Options
  • 14-04-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am thinking of starting a new business which I intend to run at weekends and in my spare time.I am currently employed by a company at the moment and intend to keep this going as I set up this new business however I dont what my employer to find out about this new business. Is there any way that my company might find out about this new business through the tax system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

No.

Your tax affairs are a matter for yourself and the taxman alone.

Kind Regards

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Potatoe Eater

Thanks Dbran. So even though my employer will have my PPS number and sorts out all my tax affairs as a PAYE your saying that there is no sharing of information ? Is this correct?

dbran wrote: »
    No.

Your tax affairs are a matter for yourself and the taxman alone.

Kind Regards

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 3 premiere

The only way your boss could find out is with the company reg: Cro.ie. you would have to be listed as a company owner. but your boss would of had to do a search to find this info, it would not be the taxman that would be your problem..

all the best with the new company...

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I am thinking of starting a new business which I intend to run at weekends and in my spare time.I am currently employed by a company at the moment and intend to keep this going as I set up this new business however I dont what my employer to find out about this new business. Is there any way that my company might find out about this new business through the tax system?

Hey OP,

Your company would be none the wiser. You will be paying tax as a self-employed person - completely separate from the PAYE system.

Main thing is to not let the side business affect your day job in any way.

Advertisement