Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old car wanted for art project

Options
  • 14-04-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi im looking for an old car for little or no money,somethin small like a mini or beetle, its for an art project, doesnt need to be working or even have an engine, i just need the car itself, the shell an possibly still the seats and windows... thanks! can collect from anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Have you tried going to a scrap yard? They are always crushing cars to get them out of the way! They might give you one of the useless ones if you ask nicely!! There are two big scrapyards in Enfield and Kilcock as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you tried going to a scrap yard? They are always crushing cars to get them out of the way! They might give you one of the useless ones if you ask nicely!! There are two big scrapyards in Enfield and Kilcock as far as I know.

They sell the steel after crushing - they'll not give them away for free.

Ask over on the Motors forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47), but don't expect to get a Mini or Beetle as they retain a lot more value due to their age / perceived status. 1990s Punto or Clio is what you'd probably be able to get someone to let you take away for free.

Advertisement