Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log Book replacement

Options
  • 14-04-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Heya!

I lost my log book and have sent away for a replacement last week.. just wondering does anyone know how long it takes for them to send you out a new one... Im hoping no more than 2 weekS?

any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are usually quick enough with them, probably 6 or 7 working days at most. Did you move address recently? Maybe they didn't have your uptodate address and sent it to your old address?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kenndy

bazz26 wrote: »
    They are usually quick enough with them, probably 6 or 7 working days at most. Did you move address recently? Maybe they didn't have your uptodate address and sent it to your old address?

Hi! 6-7working days would be perfect!!
    I did move recently but they sent me out a receipt to my new address saying they had received my application... but that still took them 3 days to post out to my a so im a little worried how long it'll actually take to get the book. Its just Ive sold the car and the buyer needs it next week. :-O bitta pressure!

the next step is to change the ownership.. any ideas on how to do that. I think ive to send it off to shannon once I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I applied for mine on holy thursday and got it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kenndy wrote: »
    Hi! 6-7working days would be perfect!!
    I did move recently but they sent me out a receipt to my new address saying they had received my application... but that still took them 3 days to post out to my a so im a little worried how long it'll actually take to get the book. Its just Ive sold the car and the buyer needs it next week. :-O bitta pressure!

the next step is to change the ownership.. any ideas on how to do that. I think ive to send it off to shannon once I get it?

When you receive the new log book, you and buyer sign the change of ownership section of it on the back. You then post it off to the DOE in Shannon (address is listed on the log book). Best to let the buyer see you drop in the post box so that there no misunderstanding in the event it gets lost in the post. Remember you don't give the log book to the buyer.

Advertisement