Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the art of war

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭

hey. i want to buy a copy of the art of war by sun tzu but after doing a quick search there seems to be loads of different books written by different people. can anybody tell me what the best version is?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I can't tell you what is best but most versions of this book are commented upon by the authors from a certain perspective related to their own expertise.

A military author will examine the tactics and strategy in terms of either historical battles or their relevance to today's wars.

The book also has a following in the business world, particularly in finance and in sales and marketing. As such authors from those worlds will examine the book from that perspective.

So have a look at what perspective you want to read from and research the authors to determine their possible perspectives.

If it's a pure translation you are after, with nothing other than historical footnotes then look for a version that does exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭sonic85

will do thanks for the information. i have a bit of a fascination with ancient warfare so i might try get a pure translation.

Advertisement