Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile Rip Off

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was in the last month of my 12 month contract with Three when they called me about my intentions at end of contract and I told them i was interested in upgrading to an Iphone to which i was told i couldn't but if I bought one for 70 euro and signed up for a 24 month contract I could get one. After some a lot of negotiations over 3 days they gave me 20 euro off and i signed up.Today 3 weeks later i switch on my tv to see Three are now offering the same Iphone 4s for free when you sign up to a 24month contract and when i rang them up was told basically tough ****. I might have 23 months to go on my contract but I can guarantee I will not be renewing anything with Three ever again if this is the way they conduct themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

dubguy71 wrote: »
    I was in the last month of my 12 month contract with Three when they called me about my intentions at end of contract and I told them i was interested in upgrading to an Iphone to which i was told i couldn't but if I bought one for 70 euro and signed up for a 24 month contract I could get one. After some a lot of negotiations over 3 days they gave me 20 euro off and i signed up.Today 3 weeks later i switch on my tv to see Three are now offering the same Iphone 4s for free when you sign up to a 24month contract and when i rang them up was told basically tough ****. I might have 23 months to go on my contract but I can guarantee I will not be renewing anything with Three ever again if this is the way they conduct themselves.

How is it a rip off?

Maybe you should of waited 3 weeks and then you would of got it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

offers change, pricing changes - what would you have done if the price had risen to €100? - Would you have offered them €50 extra today?

Maybe check what you are buying this week in tesco - then check next week to see if anything you bought this week is on offer and try asking tesco for a refund of the difference!

btw - sales guys on the phone would not have an iota of knowledge about price changes or upcoming offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubguy71

"How is it a rip off " well if a company calls you a month before your existing contract ends to ask are you interested in any new deals and then proceeds to agree to sell you a phone they know they know they are going to be offering for free in a couple of weeks what would you call it ?

Of course offers/pricing changes thanks for pointing out the obvious there but there is a difference in my book anyway to walking into Tesco and buying something then coming back a week later to complain that they were selling it cheaper to having Tesco knocking on my door selling me something that they know they will be giving away for free in 3 weeks time. And in North America its common practice that if you buy something then a week later it goes on sale to refund you the difference and have heard of it happening here more often recently too and just think its a better way to treat a customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

"How is it a rip off " well if a company calls you a month before your existing contract ends to ask are you interested in any new deals and then proceeds to agree to sell you a phone they know they know they are going to be offering for free in a couple of weeks what would you call it ?

Of course offers/pricing changes thanks for pointing out the obvious there but there is a difference in my book anyway to walking into Tesco and buying something then coming back a week later to complain that they were selling it cheaper to having Tesco knocking on my door selling me something that they know they will be giving away for free in 3 weeks time. And in North America its common practice that if you buy something then a week later it goes on sale to refund you the difference and have heard of it happening here more often recently too and just think its a better way to treat a customer

The sales guys would not have a clue what offer starts in a couple of weeks.
    Many stores offer "if you find it lower within 7days" policy which could mean their store. But I've never seen a 21 day rule.

In your case you HAD a seven day cancellation ption just like everyone has with everything bought over the phone / internet. But 21 days - come on, stop being ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Its funny how most ''Rip Offs'' arent actually rip offs atall :pac:

• Advertisement

Can people in phone shops see things before they happen now days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

so the OP was offered a deal. OP decided to haggle and got a slightly better deal, fair play, contract agreed, OP happy. That is the end of it. Where's the rip off? :confused:

If you were not happy with what was offered, why accept?

FYI - never just blindly upgrade any contract (mobile, tv, car insurance etc.) without shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

This is stupid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Escapedirish

It sucks I've had the same problem and was basically told the same thing. You can be sure I'll be very slow paying the monthly bills.

It sucks I've had the same problem and was basically told the same thing. You can be sure I'll be very slow paying the monthly bills.

Then you'll be on hear again to give out about them looking for money off you.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Escapedirish

lala88 wrote: »

Then you'll be on hear again to give out about them looking for money off you.....
    No... I won't ya dope!

No... I won't ya dope!

Im sure you wont.....

Advertisement