Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to have for dinner?.....

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,
    Quite a trivial problem here :p I get home from work first and I love to cook so I generally make the dinner, the thing is sometimes I find it so hard to think of what to make. There's only so much chicken one can eat ;)

Himself will eat anything and his input of 'ah sure anything at all, your cooking is always good' doesn't really help.

Does anyone have this 'problem' too? I have a few cookbooks, all by Jamie Oliver, I have to admit I am a fan :o

Thanks ladies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Have a gander in the cooking and recipes forum? They're lovely over there and there's a thread updated daily with dinner suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

gagiteebo wrote: »
    Hi ladies,
    Quite a trivial problem here :p I get home from work first and I love to cook so I generally make the dinner, the thing is sometimes I find it so hard to think of what to make. There's only so much chicken one can eat ;)

Himself will eat anything and his input of 'ah sure anything at all, your cooking is always good' doesn't really help.

Does anyone have this 'problem' too? I have a few cookbooks, all by Jamie Oliver, I have to admit I am a fan :o

Thanks ladies

I love to cook too, but often find the same as you- my imagination is often tired of coming up with new ideas. We tend to rotate the same meals all the time.
    I get the Easy Food magazine so I have started to use one new recipe from that every week or so.

My boyfriend is exactly the same as yours, he'll eat anything and is rubbish at ideas. So, this morning, I sat my boyfriend down and asked him what he could imagine eating for dinner this week. For once, he gave me a few choices so I went shopping with the meals in mind. We do a big shop once every two weeks or so, and I have eight meals in mind now with the meat and stuff I got.

This week I will be organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm a bloke but just as an idea, I find anything thrown in a wok is cooked in minutes and is always delicious....red,green and yellow peppers, few mushrooms, beef or chicken strips, onions or shallots, throw in a packet fiery sauce, some chinese noodles or pasta with it and your ready to go. 10 minutes and massive.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL - think this is the best place to get advice on cooking & recipes, OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

You might find this thread useful: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056564757

It's all about meal planning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Take a look around the forum. The "Here's What I Had For Dinner..." thread & the "Easy Peasy Recipes" thread will be good places to start...

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement