Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a TV Show

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am looking for someone with with experience in making a TV show. I want to make a half hour monthly show broadcast on youtube about hunting/fishing and county life in Ireland. We can also use the footage to make and sell DVD's. Idealy i am looking for someone that will go into partnership with me and we could split the profits from advertising/DVD sales. I have another business which would compliment this business.

Pm me if interested or would like more information.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Hi Buddie. Have you any experience in making TV? There is a reason it's usually commissioned and costs a lot of money. A professional camera operator costs €350 per day and a HD broadcast camera €150 per day, and for half an hour of TV you'd need to be filming for at least 3 full days with fully researched and planned out shoots. Depending on contributors and scenes, you'd need a sound recordist for €300 per day. Then you need to hire an editor and edit suite for 3 or 4 days which will cost you nearly the same again. You will also have to use royalty free music unless you pay for music rights.

Even if it's not going on live TV you still need to do a professional job, people aren't going to buy DVDs that aren't the quality of programming they are used to seeing on TV.

We in the business have studied this for years and worked in it for years, freelance work can be scarce but well paid when you can get it, it's not just a case of picking up a camera, switching it to auto and start filming. Production value costs a lot of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

faigs wrote: »
    a HD broadcast camera €150 per day,
    We in the business have studied this for years and worked in it for years,...

What's the broadcast HD camera?
    And yes, paying industry rates costs a bit. But we all started somewhere and people are occasionally willing to give a hand to get a bit more experience, Charlie Casanova being a good current example. Anyhow Buddie 123 is offering a business partnership, seems fair if someone wants to speculate ona potential return. Sell through is a tough market. Good luck with the project.

Advertisement