Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are David Moyes and everton done.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If moyes had the 100m that queen kenny had to spend he wouldn't be celebrating the carling cup like it's the most prestigious trophy ever won.

Did you think of that all by yourself? Who's a clever boy!!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Weren't you calling for Wenger to be sacked when Arsenal were going badly recently?

Hypocritical
    Isn't this the Moyes thread, you keep telling me I can't bring Dalglish into this thread, so why bring others in?

Irrelevant and hypocritical also.

DB10 wrote: »
    Isn't this the Moyes thread, you keep telling me I can't bring Dalglish into this thread, so why bring others in?

Fair enough, but you're spouting some serious nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Sack one of the top 3 managers in the Premier League? Total madness.

You cannot seriously blame Moyles for the problems at Everton. He's working on a shoe string and produced amazing results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think he is trying to prove that people can't really put much stock in your opinion as you have a history of retarded posts on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Re: Moyes, he's going nowhere.

Re: The OP, what an amadan!

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Sack one of the top 3 managers in the Premier League? Total madness.

You cannot seriously blame Moyles for the problems at Everton. He's working on a shoe string and produced amazing results.
    They only want Moyes sacked because he's a better manager than Dalglish and will finish above them in the league table, their bread and butter.

If Moyes left Everton would go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Valid thread imo. He's been at Everton a long time and has nothing to show for it. If Everton are the big club they claim to be surely they should be looking at some sort of silverware in that period. When you look at some of the players he's had at the club over that time it's a poor return.

Also why is posters OP seen as trolling?

He broke the top 4 and Liverpool only got into the Champs League the next year because they won it :rolleyes:

This thread is embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I think he is trying to prove that people can't really put much stock in your opinion as you have a history of retarded posts on the subject.

Just on this subject?

post of the day

Samich wrote: »
    He broke the top 4 and Liverpool only got into the Champs League the next year because they won it :rolleyes:

:)

:)

What? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Champions in defending their trophy shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I feel sorry for Moyes even though I'm a red. It might be time for him move on. He deserves a shot with a bigger club who can give him more resources. Maybe Spurs might take a chance on him if Redknapp takes the england job

• Advertisement

Morricone wrote: »
    Champions in defending their trophy shocker.

Well considering they couldn't get into the top 4 of the league they hadn't a chance of defending it so shouldn't have allowed to be let in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well considering they couldn't get into the top 4 of the league they hadn't a chance of defending it so shouldn't have allowed to be let in

You are both so, so mad today. Why does a Liverpool win irk you so?

C'mon, that's just the most bitter of argument. To not allow the champions in would be ridiculous. It was a Uefa cock up to begin with.

Anyway, Everton came 4th and ended up getting knocked out in the qualifiers.

C'mon, that's just the most bitter of argument. To not allow the champions in would be ridiculous. It was a Uefa cock up to begin with.

Well considering the Champs league is for the top clubs in Europe, a team finishing 25% down the PL table shouldn't be in it. Anyways that's not the point I was getting at, some fa highlighted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will I start up the "Are RDM and Chelsea done?" thread now or wait for tomorrow?
    (Think there is already an "Are 'Arry and Spurs done?" thread floating around somewhere, if not sure I'll start that one up too while I'm at it)

Go and celebrate the win today let ye and quit the messing.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You are both so, so mad today. Why does a Liverpool win irk you so?

1. These threads are top of the forum
    2. My favoured team aren't playing today.
    3. This isn't about a Liverpool win. This is about David Moyes, once again a fan just highlighted part of my sentence and then just replied with ":)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I dont know why this thread is upsetting so many people, 10 years is a long time in football, maybe its time for a change, for moyes to see if he can cut it at a big club and for everton to see if there is life after Moyes.
    A change in the summer is likely enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

1. These threads are top of the forum
    2. My favoured team aren't playing today.
    3. This isn't about a Liverpool win. This is about David Moyes, once again a fan just highlighted part of my sentence and then just replied with ":)"

1. You just bumped the thread again, wp.
    2. Are you this angry every day that your favoured team aren't playing? Sick life bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

WOW
    This is oe of the stupidest threads on here and that's saying something
    Everton have been over achieving unde Moyes for years. He's a great manager and the players really seem to give 100% effort for him.
    I would like to see him get a chance at a bigger club but can't see him being sacked by Everton any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

niallo27 wrote: »
    I dont know why this thread is upsetting so many people, 10 years is a long time in football, maybe its time for a change, for moyes to see if he can cut it at a big club and for everton to see if there is life after Moyes.

The way it's phrased, the insinuation that it's not working for Moyes and Everton but mostly the timing.

I do agree with you though. 'Should Moyes look for a bigger challenge?' is a very good question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

gosplan wrote: »
    niallo27 wrote: »

The way it's phrased, the insinuation that it's not working for Moyes and Everton but mostly the timing.

I do agree with you though. 'Should Moyes look for a bigger challenge?' is a very good question.
    If the topic came up when the season is over it would make sense.

What this is, is just amy trolling because they won today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Maybe Ireland shouldn't bother showing up to play Spain at Euro 2012 then - since not allowing the European champions into the quarter finals would be just as ridiculous would it not. Or in your magic World, do you draw your imaginary line at the stage of qualifying for the tournament? In that case, I dunno why we bothered showing up against Italy in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, since not letting the champions in would have been so ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Maybe Ireland shouldn't bother showing up to play Spain at Euro 2012 then - since not allowing the European champions into the quarter finals would be just as ridiculous would it not. Or in your magic World, do you draw your imaginary line at the stage of qualifying for the tournament? In that case, I dunno why we bothered showing up against Italy in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, since not letting the champions in would have been so ridiculous!

That post is unreal. And not in a good way. That's all I'll say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Liverpool used to talk about winning the league or fighting for Champions League. Now Everton actually matter. Some fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dsmythy wrote: »
    Liverpool used to talk about winning the league or fighting for Champions League. Now Everton actually matter. Some fall.

Happens to every team though at some point.

Even United from 04-06 were shocking at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The derby always mattered, its a huge game for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

doc_17 wrote: »
    That post is unreal. And not in a good way. That's all I'll say.

It's the exact same thing. A team who doesn't qualify for a tournament just being let in cos they won it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Are niallo27 and Boards done.

He's had a good run, wound up plenty but has he got any future, would he be better off working his magic elsewhere on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thread sums up this place nicely these days :)

Laois_Man wrote: »

Read the context, I'm replying to the post about Liverpool being allowed in as champions.

Wasn't having a pop at Everton.

Yeah beating your neighbours in a cup semi final shouldn't matter.

It gets better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Everton are ahead of Liverpool in the league table, are they? :confused:

I better get me coat there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Yup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement