Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office/"old Gaming" PC. €600 - €800.

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my parents are looking to me to get them a new PC. It doesn't have to be too flashy, they'll mainly use it for the internet and office programs, that kind of thing. My da does a bit of gaming, but it's usually older games. CoD4 Modern Warfare would be the most advanced one that he'd be into - mainly just Doom and the older CoDs. Maybe some Civ. So it doesn't have to have a massive GPU or any of that.

The only thing is they'd like a new monitor as well - something I know nothing about. They said "a nice flatscreen". Doesn't have to be massive.

1. What is your budget? €600-800 (including monitor), they'll stretch higher, but I don't see the need really if its just for internet and minor gaming.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Internet and some gaming. Not modern games, really.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I might have a DVD drive.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, but it doesn't have to be a fantastic one.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wireless network card, maybe.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not really.

8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser/PayPal

9. When are you purchasing? In the next week or so.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kildare/Dublin. But I should be ok for building it (Hardwareversand construction option).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement