Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Sink Live

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

meercat wrote: »
    heres my contribution so
    some clown decided to bypass the esb meter(Sorry about pic quality)

Have you got a circuit diagram, my bills are too high:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

i said to a client recently,she may want to upgrade her fuseboard
    oh, i just got that done she said

2lc6a79.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

i said to a client recently,she may want to upgrade her fuseboard
    oh, i just got that done she said

2lc6a79.jpg

words fail me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If i was to just take a wild guess, id have a go at earth missing on socket circuit to kitchen, and earth fault appliance.

But a few quick tests should find the actual problem, but the actual location might be harder to find, such as possible hidden JB etc.

good man robbie spot on
    i think any time served qualified electrician worth his salt should have being able to find or idintfiy what was causing it within 30mins...or even less
    simple test ot establish alls ok at distrubition board and a long traling earth lead conected to the main earth and check conatunity of sink bonding and socket circuit .
    now some posters were on about reversed supply induced voltages and a few other mad suggestion but start at the db and establish what you have got and test out from there

hidden joit box .....belive it or not ...its not uncommon to find in a kitchen thats be remodled at sometime in the past

now where is the volttage comming from the was giving the shock....was it found???? most likly dishwasher or the washing machine (water heater element)a insulation test will tell or place a ampmeter set on millamp in line with the earth to see if theres any current flowing to earth often on dishwasher you find few milliamps but if the elements on the way out it could be up at 15milliamps and still work fine and not trip any rcd

i am glad the fault was found and made safe

and i defo think we should have a electrical picture tread
    we will call it the good the bad and the old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

LiveandNeutral - So you would have looked for a junction box in a cupboard in the bathroom?? -maybe you should have shared your wisdom - its easy to be wise after the event.

• Advertisement

got a call today from a plumber who was replacing a cast iron soil pipe with a wavin one
    he said he kept getting shocks when he was using his hacksaw to cut it:eek:
    have a look at the esb mains outside

2mf1282.jpg

2vm914x.jpg

2elypzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

To me that looks like whoever changed the pipe moved it to the front of the soil rather than leaving it behind?

Davy wrote: »
    To me that looks like whoever changed the pipe moved it to the front of the soil rather than leaving it behind?

I would agree with that alright
    I would assume it was done years ago and the insulation is only breaking down now causing the metalwork to become live
    Lucky plumber though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I would agree with that alright
    I would assume it was done years ago and the insulation is only breaking down now causing the metalwork to become live
    Lucky plumber though

He would actually have to be very unlucly to be electrocuted there. Falling from a ladder would be the bigger danger, even from a very mild shock. People jump or stumble in terror sometimes.

Advertisement